Titans Sign Returner Mark Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow a few days away on the alabama coast and this board is still full of the same lame analysis and lazy uninformed drivel.

1. He is a return man! Nothing more! He fills a void at that spot. Statistically he has been solid, as least on an equal par with the guy who did that for us last year. Comparing his pass receiving stats to anybody is dumb! Jesse hey dude?

2. Some posters had wondered if he would drop kicks or punts or hoped he wouldn't. For crying out loud there are only about 10 sites that will give you his fumble numbers too lazy to look them up? Duh. He has fumbles the bal 2X his whole career!

3. Starkiller says he won't make the team. Sure they always sign guys to multiyear contracts and then cut them. WTF? We have 3 open Wr spots from last year. They are going to cut our best return man with the new multiyear deal in favor or p williams or davis? Yeah right.

4. Anyone who goes by madden to judge players is just a tiny bit misinformed. Nice try anyway.

He will make the team and he will do a good job for us and cost us very little. Good job MR!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/players/markjones/careerstats?id=JON589655

Over 200 punt and kick returns in his career. 1 PR fumble his rookie year and 1 PR fumble in his 2nd season. 0 fumbles in 3 seasons!

How did i get this ultra esoteric information? Did rolltide have to type some sort of sophisticated code? Is rolltide some programmer writing in cobal or fortran?

No i simply googled the name "mark jones" and pulled up his infro on nfl.com. serious! Impressed?

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yeah! And he isn't even listed on Tecmo Bowl. This guy must be a real loser.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. No, I said there's a "good chance" he won't make it if all he can do is return. If they think he's worth keeping as a WR as well, or even a coverage teams ace, that's another story.

As for a multi-year deal, so what? Unless they gave him a big signing bonus, that's meaningless.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you not getting here? He has 2 career receptions so we can already assume they didn't sign him to play WR and we can assume he is not much of a WR. They signed him exactly for the purpose of being a return man and replacing carr. What other reason?

Being a KR and PR guy is all he can do and they signed him anyway. I think that is instructional.

6. And I stand by my original comments...

Signing him is no guarantee that he'll make the roster.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Didn't the Titans last year sign a CB who they ended up cutting?

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

People keep saying that the Carr signing got bashed last year, but that doesn't seem to be the way that I remember it. Not many people thought he was a bad idea at the price we paid...

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No one bashed it, at least not that I remember. I think people were just generally indifferent. It's not like Carr was a household name.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm going with Starkiller on this one...

Good chance he is cut before the season begins. He is in "tryout" for KR/PR, 5th or 6th WR, and any other special teams contributions he can bring.

And from watching him at UT, my opinion is kind of "bleh" on Mark Jones.

Still, nothing personal, good luck to him and all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar