Titans Still Have Hope for Brown's Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think he hurts us. He's probably the best back on the team at this point. I don't really know how I feel about it. He's young enough where if he becomes the #1 it's not all that bad, but you hate to see him stunt our long term development if he turns out to be the same old brown. As a third rb he is excellent depth. But I don' think he wants that in his career right now. He must feel he is at least a 2nd stringer. And rightly so. He really is.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Classy.

From my recollection, Chris Brown doesn't play special teams at all. (I may be wrong, please correct me if so).

Weve invested two 2nd rnd picks on RBS in the last two drafts. Our 3rd RB needs to play special teams, and is worth having some level of upside. There are a few teams loaded with RBs at the moment.

Min - Peterson, Taylor, Moore, Fason
    Cin - R.Johnson, C.Perry, K.Irons, K.Watson
    Car - D.Foster, D.Williams, N.Goings, E.Shelton
    Oak - D.Rhodes, L.Jordan, J.Fargas, M.Bush

I'd have to think that some of these guys are going to shake free at some stage. For a 3rd RB I think it's worth the wait to consider one of these guys.

To pull the trigger on Chris Brown now indicates to me a lack of confidence in our top 2 guys, and if that is real, then that is kinda depressing.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Rb Situation.

HOLD ON GUYS, HOLD ON THE CHRIS BROWN TALKS. WHAT ABOUT JULIUS JONES? HE IS UNHAPPY IN DALLAS HE SKIPPED OTA'S WOULD THAT MAKE SENSE :grrhee: , WE GOT THE MONEY TO SIGN HIM, HE IS A GOOD RUNNING BACK ANYONE WITH ME ON THIS ONE? WHY SIGN CHRIS BROWN TO A 2 YEAR DEAL WHEN WE CAN PROBABLY AND I SAID MAYBE, STANDBY AND WATCH ON JONES TENURE!! GOT TITANS :ha:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We'd have to give some kind of compensation to dallas, and it would probably be more than he's worth.

Brown could be fine here for depth, since both our back are unproven. As long as he isn't asking for big money, or complaining about having to compete to be the starter, then I have no beef. Depth is always good, I just hope he doesn't win out the starting role. He's fine in a supporting role.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

weren't you one of his biggest fans just a year ago?

he'd be a good third down back. who throws the block that springs young?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKURxvgBU5g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKURxvgBU5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

:bonk2: He is to prone to injury, if he carries the ball once he already out with a turf toe or something like that..Not worth to give him any $ there is got to be someone outhere.. And i hope they can find him soon!!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

4good...

Either you are titan kid's alter ego or the same guy. You just repeated the same weak line. Brown is not so injury prone that he can't be a #3. Come on..

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It makes me laugh how he says he can "still" play at a high level in this league.

Ok, to be fair, yeah I guess 2004 was a high level of play for a RB in the NFL... but all I keep thinking is, when has chris brown ever played at a high level?

Chris seems to have so many options and teams that are just knocking down his door to get him to play for them. What a fool, imo, he'll be lucky to even be playing in the league this year.

I'd rather the Titans resign Eddie.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Carpy..

Thanks for lecturing me about brown playing special teams. Seems i said the exact same thing already but thanks anyway. Brown may have to make a committment to special teams. He could cover punts or even possibly return kick offs.

Some teams will keep 4 RBs. I doubt if carolina will give up on shelton in just his 2nd year so nick goings would be the odd man out. I would rather have brown.

For the bengals i think it is clear that they will trade chris perry. I can't for the life of me imagine they would have johnson, irons and perry. Watson is one back i would be glad to take but we would not be alone.

Will there be a chris brown caliber back available later on? Yeah i imagine so but we wouldn't be the only ones bidding for that player's services. Brown has some motivation for wanting to stay here and bringing him back does not indicate less confidence in henry or white than bringing in another player like fason or watson.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Chris has talent, there's no doubt about it. Plus he played behind a pretty medicore line in 04-05 & without a true FB also. I'd give him a chance to see what he's got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar