Titans vs Texans Schedule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Realistically only one team from the AFC South will make the playoffs in 2011. That is the winner of the division because the wild card will be either New England, Buffalo, Baltimore or Pittsburgh. I think any rational person can clearly agree with that.

So for kicks, looking ahead at strength of schedule (of course a lot could change with injuries ...)

Houston Texans perspective:

in a perfect world they lose this week @ Baltimore during the Titans bye week, giving Houston a 3-3 record compared to the 3-2 Titans.

However, after that rough week-6 matchup, IF houston beats us in Nashville, the Texans may not lose again for over 6 weeks.

vs Jacksonville, vs Clevleand, @ Tampa (who got destroyed last week), a BYE and @ Jacksonville (by this week MJD will probably have been ran into the ground by Del Rio)

NOW lets just say they lose to the suddenly beatable Falcons even though it is in Houston ... they may not lose again period.

@ Cincy, vs Carolina, @ Indy (who will be right in the thick of the "suck for luck" sweepstakes and tank it) and ending their season vs Tennessee

Now a lot could happen but assuming they lose to Baltimore, I can totally see Houston not losing a game after that ... albet it Andre Johnson is banged up and the infamous "trap games" always seem to catch the better team by surprise but "ON PAPER" houston is going to roll ...

Although ....

The Titans have a similar schedule to their division foes; they still have yet to play NEW ORLEANS, BUFFALO AND ATLANTA all within 3 of 4 straight games

And with Britt out of commison and CJ -1K the Titans will probably lose to a handful of those cheap games - @ Carolina in particular scares me and will probably be a trap game for them ... since they have to play 4 straight tough games after carolina, starting @ Atlanta, the carolina matchup could be overlooked

All in all, being realistic - Houston should win the division on remaining schedule alone - but not ready to count out Hasselbeck just quite yet ... because even if the Titans can squeek into the playoffs - everyone laughed at 7-9 Seattle hosting New Orleans in the playoffs and we all know what happened there ...

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I'm still expecting Houston to choke just like they do every year. They'll find a way to lose 8 or so games hopefully.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

yeah i hope your right. houston has been getting killed out here on bay area radio saying how Shaub has tendencies to find ways to chock during the end of games and doesnt know how to close teams out in the 4th quarter ...

last week vs Oakland ... Shaub looked to have a clear running lane for the game winning rushing touchdown (even though it closed up towards the last second). The radio out here are calling him chicken basically for not running that in and thinking twice about it when the game was on the line ... (even though Shaub may be the worst rushing starting QB in the league (thats still in his prime) if not one of the slowest)

not to mention he was playing at an advantage against 10 men on the field instead of 11 (oakland nearly coughed that one up)

some say Al Davis was the 11th man though

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog...-10-men-on-the-field-for-game-?urn=nfl-wp9357

4. kaz

kaz Special Teams Standout

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I fully expect the Titans to be 4-2 and Texans to be 3-4 after October 23rd.

I can guarantee they drop at least two more games after they play us. You honestly think they can run the table from there on out? Not a chance. They are 10-6 at very best... more than likely 8-8 or 9-7.

6. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

case in point the Texans couldn't even put away an easy win against a ten man defense.... purely shocking and as said before this is where their drea start (like so many times before) starts to go down the pan, especially with the abscence of a deep ball, tall, safe handed threat now gone to injury.

Texans are the least of my worries.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everything in Texas is made bigger than it needs to be, including the hype around all QB's in the state.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

ummm may i point out that nobody in this thread has said anything about the loss of mario williams?

even so, if they lose this week.. they may be fired up and end us beating us the week after... but if they win... they may be a little lax when they play us...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We can't beat anybody when their key guys are missing. I don't even wanna think about the advantage we should have vs a Mario Williams-less team. It'll just anger the bejesus outa me when we fuq up.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Texans have lost their best player on D and possibly their best player on O for some time. It will be had to win out with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar