Titans were interested in Coles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

To bad the Bengals cant pass protect maybe he was better off coming here.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

By 'interested' they mean, we would have been willing to pay the vet minimum if he would have signed.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im really surprised they got rid of Coles over Cotchery.

Coles was talked about more last season than any WR on the Jets and overshadowed Cotchery.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Coles wanted to be released.

He was due for something like 6 million for the up and coming season with the Jets but declined it and asked for the trade.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm shocked they didn't sign Birk or Brown.. If they just revamp a key OL position or two and finally have a injury-free season I'm certain they could contend. Zimmer's D is finally getting it.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think Coles is overrated

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he's the quietest loud mouth in football right now.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I've never been crazy about Coles. I am very glad he went elsewhere.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Never meaning we didn't get Bobby Wade, David Givens, Justin Gage, Nate Washington, etc...? The point isn't to sign everyone you are interested in, it's to be in the hunt for the right player. There is the perception that the Titans ignore every WR on the market, when in reality they are looking.

Keep in mind, too that it's not at all just strictly about a player's ability... they have to fit in the locker room, they have to gel with the coaching staff and have the right mindset and toughness. I would hope our offers to players would correspond to how well they fit all those categories - so yes, there will be people that are valued more by other teams than by us. But when we find one we like we have reeled several in. And it sounds like we're still in the market looking.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How can he be overrated when nobody talks about him? All he does is get about 900 yards receiving every single year what else should he do?

I think coles has beem underrated at times.

The best WE nobody talks about is santana moss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar