Titans Wisely Keeping Cool in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though the Titans have $26.5 in cap room, it isn't burning a hole in the pocket of GM Mike Reinfeldt. Over the weekend, the Titans lost WR Donte Stallworth to the Patriots even though they offered him more guaranteed money and more on average per year. Stallworth opted to go with the team with the better QB for now. LB Ryan Fowler also decided the situation was better for him in Philadelphia though the offer from the Titans was said to be equal to the Eagles offer. "I'd say the free-agent class was average, at best," Reinfeldt said Saturday. "And we're not going to do crazy things just to react to what other teams are doing."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I agree with their actions, we'll pick up some big name players watch and see.

4. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

Yeah, I mean the Titans defense was pretty much the worst in the league. Reinfeldt knows you have to improve it via the draft.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who can blame Stallworth? He's basically getting a one-year deal for $3.6 mil. He'll never see that $6 mil option bonus in '08.

If you have one year in which to get your stock up, do you do it with a second-year QB or Tom Brady?

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Calm down Sir.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

love that we hold this world's best FA magnet
    hell, we can't even drag in guys we offer similar or better deals to

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

No, seriously can we pick up one player, just one here that can help us out. I was of the "wait and be patient" premise, but it's like when you were a kid, and everybody is choosing up sides to play ball, and as it is getting down to the last few picks and you still haven't been picked yet, you start to get antsy, that's how this free agency thing is feeling right. No, I don't want to break the bank or anything, but com' on, just one player this week........Please????

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I crap my shorts if Mike lures in Darrell Jackson and Michael Turner

10. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

Wow, an admin edited my post (quoted above) to remove the next line, which blasted Reinfeldt. My post does not come across as sarcasm when the next line is completely removed. If you're going to edit my post, please don't completely change its meaning, okay mysterious moderators?

My original point was that there is simply no hope for the Titans or Vince Young unless some impact players are signed in free agency to improve the defense. Relying on only the draft is foolish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar