Titans Wisely Keeping Cool in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I don't think the issue was being cheap @ all. I think the FO felt was his price was & they offered it to him. Whether Henry thinks it was fair or not, thats what we offered & were going to stand by it. I just don't see the use of putting such a large amount of money into a older back with a drug history. The fact that we drafted LenDale in the 2nd round last year also placed a prime role. Fish rode the hot hand in Henry last year & i completely understand that and had no problem with it. We didn't take the kid just to sit on the bench. Before the hammy injury & not doing everything for the scouts he was touted as a top 5-10 pick in last years draft. The kid has major talent whether you folks want to believe it or not. If he comes into camp this year in good shape & is ready to play big time ball, then i'll be more than willing to bet you that he'll better than Travis Henry will ever be in his career :grrhee:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sup, that bonus was never going to be paid and did exactly what it was intended to do by forcing the issue.

After the nothing Henry gave the Titans in '05, he was lucky to be on the roster in '06 instead of selling insurance somewhere in K-town.

I'm glad he had a great season last year and got a nice contract. But I don't blame the Titans at all for not being willing to overpay for him.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Henry also said on ESPN he was happier going with a team with more experience and ready to make a playoff run. Whether that was just lip service is anyone's guess.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We are now shopping for a veteran RB. Unfortunately for MR, he will be judged on how well Henry does in '07 versus how well who we get does and how much we pay him.

MR is hoping that he lands somebody less than 8 mill guaranteed, our RB has somebody that produces better than Henry next year in yards and TD's.

IMO, MR grossly miscalculated the Henry situation (and the Wade).

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'll be missing Travis Henry... but $8.5 million roster bonus? Seems pretty steep. My hoe is that LenDale breaks out and becomes a real force. I want to see production from the Titans running backs... I loved the big gainers Henry ripped off. It was really exciting having him on the team.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe he grossly miscalculated how foolish other teams are with their money.

I can guarantee you today that there is a Cowboys forum somewhere with a thread going "I can't believe they paid a backup LB $11.5 mil".

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

He grossly miscalculated the market value of an aging, one-hit wonder and a 3rd/4th string WR with avg. at best return ability? No, I think Denver and the Vikings did that respectively. However, Denver just may get the return for their money due to the system they have in place for RBs.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Wade got $3Mil a year. No way we were going to pay that for Bobbo...

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Dang it. We just said the same thing.

Jinx DeutschTitan.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Like I said

We'll see what and how was miscalculated. Depends on how much we pay for a vet RB and what he does and what LenDale "doughboy" White do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar