Torry Holt released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How does it feel gloat to get your clock cleaned?

Name all those high priced FAs that helped the steelers win that super bowl.

Didn't the free spending steelers lose a pro bowl guard? We signed our best o-linemen.

The steelers are proof that you win by drafting and keeping most of your best guys. That's the same thing we are doing.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's true... except for any comparison to us considering we don't win superbowls... and we don't keep our best players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The Steelers didn't keep Buress, Fanaca, Porter, Washington, and Randle El. They run their team almost identically to us.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What great players have we lost prior to AH? We couldn't keep him because he demanded an amount of money higher than he was worth and since he has significant legal troubles ahead it looks like a great move to me.

The we have not won a super line is lamo! Weak sauce pal!

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

These last few posts are kind of funny.

First its the Steelers keep their good players.. but clearly they release quite a few good players as well.

I'd say, the Steelers do a great job of establishing who their core players/ positions are... and sticking to that. And they are winners in the post-season, when the games matter most.

And we have kept most of our good players. But AH invalidates almost any comparison to the Steelers. As far as I recall, none of the players the Steelers lost were MVP candidates, none were considered the best in their position, none were considered the best in the league on Defense.

And your opinion on AH, which I agree with... it was too much money to keep him, doesn't change the facts... which is we did NOT KEEP our BEST player.

And whether you think it's weak sauce or not... the Steelers have won 2 out of the last 4 Superbowls.

In conclusion, there is no real comparison between the Steelers and the Titans.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's too early to tell. I don't know why when you say 'we need to spend more, because the cap has increased' always translates to 'we need to spend TONS of money to get huge names' around here...

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Of all posters, I figure you'd know the feeling best...

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Sorry, but I am not really sure what you are trying to say here, so I don't know exactly how to respond. I am not saying we need to spend more or tons. I think we are doing a fine job and I think in the long run, our way will succeed in this league . . . now if we drop the salary cap after this season, then all bets are off, but with a cap, I think what we are doing now will work well, yeilding long term successful results.

I do think we can look at teams who have made big splashes in FA over the last 5-6 years and see that the majority of them have not had great success with it . . .

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i dont think the titans would bring in two wr in a single free agency period...do you???

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well it's clear that with the trade attempt they've tried to do it already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar