Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Total newb 1st draft, any good?

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by Bobo, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Depends on which league. But yeah, I doubt anyone would normally want advice from a guy who's team is called "Last Place"... :sad2:
  2. DCtitan49 Guest

honest opinion, yes..
  3. ONUV Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    picked defense way too early. WRs are pretty weak. probably could have got benson in the next round. you had the right idea with 2 RBs first but i would have waited till the elite QBs were gone and got better value.
  4. FLTitansfan Guest

Just as an example I picked 3rd as well 10 teamer 17 rounds 9 starters. ( I won my league last year with no RB's or WR's had Peyton and Baltimores Defense)

1.LJ
    2.Reggie Bush- Took Bush here on a flyer that I could get Brees in 3rd.
    3.Drew Brees*- Took Brees here because reggie had like 88 catches going for double points plus we get 6 per td pass
    4.Lee Evans
    5.Marion Barber
    6.Javon Walker
    7.Chicago
    8.Ladell Betts*
    9.Marshawn Lynch
    10.LJ Smith
    11.Nate Kaeding
    12.Jerious Norwood
    13.Devery Henderson*
    14.DJ Hackett*
    15.Jon Kitna
    16.James Jones
    17.David Patten
    *indicates on both my money leagues.

Not saying I have a great team but i got a lot of value picks IMHO norwood in 12 Lynch in 9 kitna in 15. My personal steal of the draft is Kitna in 15 or Walker in 6 both could be top 10 guys at their positions. My sleepers Betts and Hackett. Good value with james jones GB as well.

This year was my second year in a money league I got extremely lucky last year. I went and loaded up on RB's i felt would play a significant role in their teams offense although they may not be the #1's (yet). Wide out is tough if you don't get the top 3 IMO go for best player I took Lee evans over Roy Williams though and seriously debated Gore over LJ. I play in the 1st week the guy who picked 4th (Gore) so we'll see if I chose wisely.

Also open to any criticism comments and compliments. I would love to know what you guys think as I value most of the opinions on this board.
  5. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0

Didn't you see that he said the bears were already gone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.