Trade Mett now!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nytitaner, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I know he's not worth much but the QB market is so bad right now it's the best shot we got. I say we go with Tanney. Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

No one is giving us anything for Mett, give up on this dream lol

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Never going to happen. The most we would get is a 6th-7th and to me, it's not worth it.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Trade Mett 8 months ago!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I wish he had some value but he's only proven the ability to lose, overthrowing WRs, throwing to dirt or the other team. Those are not desirable traits teams want in a QB.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

He said "trade"! Hell, screw a draft pick, give me a pack of hotdogs or a bucket of chicken. Just as long as HE AINT HERE!

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Mett, Stankey and Sensabaugh for a 5th

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm really not a Mett apologist but:

he has never been a mobile QB. Our OL was terrible and our run game non-existent. He has looked TERRIBLE. But he has no trade value now. I guarantee you he'll look better as our OL (pass blocking) and run game improves. Maybe we trade him if happens to get another chance. I'm betting we see a lot of improvement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

You never know, he could be ok for a team with decent blocking and wideouts that can win on the outside. Our team was the absolute worst for him with no protection and no running game. All it takes is 1 team to bring him in to compete, we could get a conditional decent pick if he performs ok .

10. JBC

JBC Starter

I agree. Back up qbs on bad teams rarely look great when called to play. Mett isn't a starting caliber Qb, but we as fans throw a lot of unwarranted blame solely on him for not winning. He can't block for the Oline, be the running back, throw the pass, run the correct route, catch the ball, and play defense.

Right now there is no value for a trade. Put a better team together so he has the opportunity to show what he is capable of, then trade him. If he can do well enough for the team to get a 6th round or higher then it's a win for the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar