TRADE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Walldaprince, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I actually agree that I think we could get that kind of value. Heck, if I were a QB needy team - and there are LOTS of them - I'd chuck a 6th round pick at a guy with the arm talent of Mett...especially since he is young and was playing with no run game and arguably the worst performing NFL line in front of him. He has shown flashes to excite someone.

The problem is two fold. First, we missed his max trade window as he looked worse last season. Second, there are several mid-late round QB's who can be had in this draft to fill a developmental role for a new team. the advantage Mett has is his size and arm talent. So even if a team thought he was worth a 6th, they probably don't make that deal until they see if they can get someone later after the 2nd (by which time it's too late to move up into round 1). We'd need someone who really likes Mett

Personally, I'd be happy sending Mett, Hunter, Sankey and others to a new place for draft picks.

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

That's a well written post. But it leaves out one important fact....despite the desperate need for qbs in this league, mediocre qbs getting big time money, multiple qb trades or bad qbs.........there has not been a single rumor, insider report of any team having interest in trading for Mett...not one.
    On a positive note JJ Watt did apologize for his IG comments.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you guys want to talk trades talk about Justin Hunter. He's still young and unproven but has shown flashes, people know about Hunter and he's very cheap, he's probably the only trade bait we have.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Hahaha! He's so bad I got his name wrong.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yeah, the smart move would be to pick a QB in the later rounds. I just think we need to move ahead of Cleveland because they will be looking for similar players as the Titans. The Broncos need another QB.

Also, I was thinking about how perfect Derrick Henry would fit in to the Broncos' offense. He could very well be their target. We switch picks with Denver, they still get Henry and don't have to pay him first round money. We get to pick OL, or CB before Cleveland snaps up who we want.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nice. Heroin addict insult..
    What's happened to the kids these days that they don't even recognize famous scenes from cool movies?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

they all had heart attacks from watching thriller movies

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

This! Someone already said early, "only a handful of Titans fans" think Mett is worth something. He has looked very bad in 4 games he started this past season. Hopefully in the pre-season he will get a lot of playing time to showcase his arm and generate some interest. Maybe JR can work a deal with Dallas for him to be a backup for Romo, its a pipe dream. He might be at least mediocre there with all the support already there; good defense, good line, good WR & TE, but RB is unsettled.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

McFadden is good, when hes healthy

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

He is good. I say unsettled because he wasn't the primary guy until after Randal started to tweak out. But that's besides the topic at hand.

Mett, a good locker room guy, just not good enough on the field to get other teams excited to make us a trade offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar