Travis Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Travis Fisher?

Titans have said Travis Fisher is coming to visit Tennessee. He played for the Rams last year at CB. Think he's been injured alot though recently.

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I think there was a topic on it already, and I still say bring him in to compete and camp fodder. If he's a starter then were in big trouble.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

blah blah blah..

not interested in reading about #3 CBs. unless he's an elite player who will help contribute in the sense of shutting out WRs as a starter, he's just another woolfolk to me.. I won't get my hopes up. CB is a posision which we need to address on a more serious note and bring in some real talent.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is anyone interesting out there in FA or the draft. It would suck if Pacman isn't part of our starting lineup next season... 3rd & 12th becoming 1st and 10 (once or twice each quarter) is just frustrating and a waste of playtime :grrr:

maybe we should have traded Grandpa McBird and our 3rd and/or 4th round draft pick for Samari Rolle last year.. or any other CB worthy of mentioning..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What's the point?

If he is no better than hill or finnegan there is no point in bringing him in. And fuller can play nickel.

Unless of course pacman future with the team is seriously in doubt. Is it?

Fisher played a lot and started early in his career but has not done much the last three years. Kind of like reynaldo, he played early in his career and they didn't think he was good enough after that.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Chosen One is still early in his career.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

but he's got the speed of a 40 year old.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ran in the 4.3's just can't cover and has marginal ball skills.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There is actually a decent population of guys who can run in the sub 4.4 range but cannot cover and have no ball skills that come out of college every year. They don't play in the NFL.

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Our problem last year was that Hill never looked for the ball until the receiver had it and Thompson always looked at the ball and never the receiver. The receiver always got a chance to catch the ball on the left side and Thompson was always out of position to stop the receiver. I actually think Finnegan could start at CB and do a lot better than Hill did last season. Right now, we have plenty of depth at CB, it's just not good depth. Woolfolk is still here unfortunately... there is also Waddell (he is still on the team isn't he?)... There is Hill and Finnegan with Jones. There is also Eric King. We currently have 6 CBs... We will probably draft another or maybe 2 more. There is a time when you have to start evaluating the talent you already have and maybe cutting some guys. I don't know what the contract situations are for Woolfolk and Waddell, but I have seen little to nothing from these guys in the whole time that they have been here. Ever since Waddell's two year old son took him out for the entire season last year, I am curious as to where he falls on the chopping block or if he even does. I know he was once our return guy, but a whole year at the hands of a two year old?!? I don't know... It just begs the question of how good his conditioning was or lack there of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar