Tuesday Morning QB: Titans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

About a 9 on the tension scale.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You can tell the posters on this website who displace a lot of anger and tension on this board...:ha:

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

why does the media never say anything negative about fisher??? because he is a great coach. every good coach goes through some tough seasons...bill cowher, john gruden, mike holmgren... anyone who knows football knows jeff fisher is a great coach...rolltide i really didnt think you were a titans fan since you always bash the team and the coach of the team you supposedly love??? every fan has a right to complain about their team but to complain about them 90% or more thats just unhealthy.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't bash the team at all if i bashed anyone it was the we are oppressed because we are a small market crowd. How have i bashed the team?

Over a 37 game stretch we won just 9 football games. Don't give me this great coach crap. He is a decent coach who does win when the talent is there but never wins when the talent is not there. A fact you simply cannot argue with.

Tom coughlin goes 8-8 and he's the worst coach on the planet but when jeff fisher's team goes 8-8 he's a miracle worker. We can debate fisher all we want but he is yet another of many reasons the titans are hardly a team unappreciated by the media.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

We are not "oppressed" because we are in a small market.

But it does mean the media talking heads will not get the player names right, will not know how much the team has improved.

Think back to the Superbowl appearance, and how the media had to play "catch-up" to cover the Titans.

Suggesting that Fisher is part of the problem without pointing out who would be a better replacement smacks of typical bad management thinking. Look at how that thinking helped San Diego this year. They thought their HC was replaceable, much like you think of Fisher. They fired the HC because he didn't get them deep enough in the playoffs, despite a good record. Why emulate their failed approach?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

An impoverished fan base? So used to failure that a mere 2-1 record has posters demanding worldwide respect and love? We are 2-1! Some of you guys act like a homeless guy with a steak and lobster dinner. We are ranked 11th in one meaningless list of teams and some are outraged. another guy laments that our popularity in the arizona navajo community is too light the result of a negligent media. For crying out loud!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

slackmaster..

i didn't say he was part of the problem. I'm not sure we have a problem this year we have a good team. It is a fact that when we go 5-11 or 4-12 fisher is never targeted for blame but always gets the credit when good things happen and that analysts, talking heads, chris berman et al seem to love the guy which is proof that we are not neglected.

1999 was the first year this franchise had seen the post season since 93 and only 2 players from that 93 team were on the 99 team.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

So what if he doesn't get blame for bad things beyond his control?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not that simple look at our record in 04 the first half of the season before we lost half the team to injury or look at last season. In any event you miss the point the point is that our 2 main guys our head coach and QB get plenty of positive media attention which contradicts this small market negligence theory..

I'm not calling for fisher to be fired and i'm fine with his extension but if you want to debate how good a job he has done i would be glad to.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, it doesn't contradict that truth claim at all.

There being a few names the talking heads gets right does not mean that the story of the Titans doesn't get overlooked outside of the Nashville market.

Saying that because there is some media attention does not invalidate the relative lack of attention on the team compared to large market mediocrities.

No, in the case of JAX, there is a small market team with a weak fanbase that seems to be a media darling as far as "professional sports commentators" are concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar