Updated Conference Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Updated conference rankings: http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2012-REG&split=Overall

We are now just 2 games back of a Wild Card spot and the 6th seed is held by the Colts who we play in a couple of weeks. The 5th spot is held by the Steelers and we hold the tiebreaker against them. The teams in our way are the Bengals and Chargers, unfortunately the Chargers hold the tiebreaker against us but hopefully the Steelers and Bengals beat up on each other and the Ravens sweep both of them and we sneak into one of their spots. We have a decent shot at this, everything that we needed to happen this weekend happened. Let's just hope this little bit of good luck continues to roll for us.

Remaining Schedule:
    at Jacksonville
    Houston
    at Indianapolis
    New York Jets
    at Green Bay
    Jacksonville

I see 8-8 or 9-7 with that additional win coming against the Texans. Hopefully the team continues to build that momentum going into the Houston game and the fans get loud and we actually have some home field advantage and get back to .500.

Just to put it in perspective the Colts have Buffalo, Detroit (A), Titans, Houston (A), Kansas City (A), and Houston again at home. Hopefully the Texans sweep them, Buffalo or Detroit get an upset win, and of course we win.

The Steelers remaining schedule consists of Cleveland (A), Baltimore (A), San Diego, Dallas (A), Cincinnati, and Cleveland again at home. Without Big Ben the Browns could easily win next week and they have a tough stretch until week 17. By the time San Diego rolls around we'll probably want the Steelers to beat them. This is the most likely team to be knocked out of their spot, especially with the injuries they have right now.

Speaking of the Chargers, they have the same record as us and have Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh (A), Carolina, Jets (A), and finish up with Oakland. After the next 3 games their schedule really favors them. Hopefully the Chargers screw up late in the season like usual but they have by far the easiest remaining schedule.

Last team to look out for are the Bengals, their remaining schedule is against Oakland, San Diego (A), Dallas, Philadelphia (A), Pittsburgh (A), and end with Baltimore. It's really tricky since they play other teams in the wild card chase so we'll just have to see how it plays out and hope it's in our favor. Dallas plays both the Steelers and Bengals so even though I hate them, gotta root for them.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

I know people are about to come in here saying that you shouldn't get so excited after one good game, but I appreciate this. I like your optimism. Solid, thorough post. Nice work.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm staying optimistic until we're officially eliminated. I can't find a good reason to start acting like the season is already over when we still have 6 games to go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We're in the mix whether people feel that we deserve to be there or not. And we're in the mix after playing the toughest schedule. That says something IMO.

We've underachieved up until this point. I'm not saying we're a SB caliber team yet, but I do think that we're a very competitive team when we're clicking on all cylinders.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So I guess every week we're still in it, we'll have a new thread to remind us?

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We already have 6 losses and still have to play the Packers & Texans. If we drop the ball on those, which is pretty likely, we'll be 8-8 and miss playoffs. I'm trying not get buy into all the playoff hopes because I know we'll all likely be let down. :hang:

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'll say the same thing I said in last week's version of this thread. I simply can't see 9-7 happening and I don't believe 8-8 will be enough. I wish I could convince myself otherwise, but I just can't. I've seen too much god awful play to be too optimistic.

We're still talking about a team that has put together back-to-back wins exactly once this season. To think we are going to go on a 5-1 run is getting away from optimism and bordering on insanity IMHO. And contrary to popular belief, there isn't an "easy win" anywhere on our schedule. Not for this team.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

/ wrist

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not losing any sleep over this team one way or the other Alex. Just being realistic here.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Don't you remember 2009? Started out 0-6, finished 8-2...

This team is funny like that.

Hopefully this ends better though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar