Updated Conference Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well that's just silly. But I see what you're doing.

Actually though, I began the season with high expectations. But when 50% of our games through 11 weeks are massacres we're on the wrong end of, my expectations dwindle considerably.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FWIW, I also don't expect them to pull out the needed 5 or 6 wins, but do hope it happens, and have convinced myself this is worth getting excited about.

I'm sure they'll let us down (yet again), but I don't mind. Only 1 team has the season we all want, so I just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Better to have fun for 15-16 weeks instead of knowing and saying we stink.

There's nothing wrong with recognizing we're an average team, and taming our expectations to match that.

But unlike Sawdust, I'm too dumb not to get excited about us being 4-6 LOL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah that was just a shot a slidepiece and all the other fake fans that said I was the biggest problem with the fanbase. Clearly my realistic expectations were more important than coaching, players, ownership, draft picks, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Alex is the poster boy of the terrible fanbase and I am what is wrong with the players.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

With Locker I still think this team has a chance. I can see him beating a Green Bay or Houston..

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The way this team rolls, I can see us winning out, or losing 4 more.

7. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

We beat the Jags, Ravens beat the Chargers, and we are #8.

We need these games here this week, in a perfect world:
    Titans over Jags, Ravens over Chargers, Bills over Colts, Browns over Steelers, Raiders over Bengals, Pats over Jets, Seahawks over Dolphins

The only one we HAVE to have is our game, Titans over Jags.

I would be content with Titans over Jags and 3 of the other 6 games, I think our best chances are:
    Titans over Jags, Ravens over Chargers, Pats over Jets, and Seahawks over Dolphins. This would make us the #8 seed.

Our potential for the biggest jump in standings:
    Titans over Jags, Ravens over Chargers, Raiders over Bengals.

With those 3 games, we would be ahead of the Chargers and tied with the Bengals, but hold the tie-breaker with a better record vs AFC teams and be the #7 seed, needing only to move to #6 to make the playoffs. :D

8. JCBRAVE

If the jaguars beat us next week, I might have to cry. They kept up with Houston yesterday.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's why I'm tempering my expectations. IF we were to lose to the Jags, some of these same people who are talking playoffs are going to be starting a million "ZOMG WE ARE TEH AWFUL!!1!" threads. As if we haven't been awful all along.

I WANT to believe. I just need to see more to get to that point.

10. JCBRAVE

I wont even log in anymore, my spirit will be crushed.

If we lose to them I'll see you guys in the off season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar