Updated Conference Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

No, they don't. If that is how you feel, then don't waste your Sundays. On Tuesdays, just go to nfl.com/standings and pretend you know something.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We're in the playoff running and played the hardest schedule in the NFL. Our season isn't as bad as some fans think. Even good teams get beat or completely caught off guard occasionally. We had a really rough stretch early in the season but it seems like we've been progressing.

Locker is a difference maker and could very well beat all of the remaining teams if he can stay healthy and limit his turnovers. Our defense should continue to improve (only thing it can do ha) and we could very well be looking at a hot streak. No better time to have one.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lol, then what makes a good team? "Just" losing? "Being in" games?

Based on your incredible logic, the Browns are better than us. Yet, we're (technically) in the playoff hunt and the Browns are one Chiefs and Jags win away from the #1 pick.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lolwat?

There is a huge difference between getting completely caught off-guard occasionally and giving up 31 points a game and (were) on pace to being the worst defense in history.

The Pats losing to the Cardinal is an example of being caught off-guard.

5. RealestWhiteBoy

I don't think the Browns are better than us, but they very well could be.

The Browns have alot of the pieces ... they have a good defense, they have a good RB, they have a good QB. They are a WR/TE threat away ... but they are in desperate need of leadership. To say that because a team doesn't win alot or stay in the middle of the pack they are a bad team across the board is wrong.

They aren't winners ... but they are on the cusp of breaking through to the next level next season.

The Browns are 2-8, but are extremely competitive and been in pretty much every game over their last 10.

Coming into the 2011 season, the Texans were 2-8 in their last 10 and in pretty much every game over that span.

So, by your judgement, the Texans were a horrible team coming into the 2011 season and you were taken by surprize and utterly shocked when they went 10-6 and made the playoffs that season and have been 19-7 since? How did a horrible team suddenly become so great? I mean, they lost alot of game in their previous 10 ... they were just a washout team that was bad, right?

Was it the 2011 draft that turned it around for them? Watt was a homerun, but they were a solid and competitive team before he got there, believe it or not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not doubting the Browns have the potential to be good in time/next year with what they have. But it is irrelevant to now.

They've been competitive, yeah. Again it is irrelevant. The Steelers are 6-4 and took it to a superior Baltimore team without the Rapist. They're still a better team than Cleveland are right now.

We're not discussing the Browns future, we're discussing them now. Your Texans example is not valid since no one knows if the Browns will do that or will go back to being the Browns.

But, for the sake of discussion, no it is not my judgement. Teams go from good to bad and bad to good. Lions did it, Texans did it, we've gone from playoffs to nothing and back again with almost the same team in the early 90s.

Even using the Browns as an example, they went 4 - 12, 10 - 6 and 4 - 12 in a 3 year span.
    It's not progressive. Sometimes things click, sometimes it doesn't.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think your missing the point Gunny

8. RealestWhiteBoy

I agree, the Browns may or may not be good next season, but they have the potential. And currently, they are extremely competitive. And that IS relevant, right now.

To say the Steelers have a better record, so they will win isn't really relevant.

The Steelers hung with the Ravens, but they were at home and had a QB a ton of experience and even experience under his belt ... it's a completely different team they are fielding on the road against a very game team this week. It's not going to be a surprise to me when one of the 2 teams need a 50 yard FG as time expires today.

9. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

interested to see how this plays out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar