using social media to sell stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thaddeus43, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Bank said the account was paid off for 3 straight days before I delivered the bike and then the bank says the balance was back the day after. I hate online banks.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not gonna lie

I would have totally moved that money forcing bank into a clawback situation

just reread this. I am sure the bank covered themselves by not allowing movement of the money.

Fing banksters!

#12 GoT, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you have brand recognition (your own products) social media can help sales totally blow up.
    If you're just a reseller of items commonly available elsewhere I'd recommend starting an Amazon FBA seller account and fight your way thru pricing competition.
    Are you the manufacturer or a reseller?

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Just doing resell

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As a reseller there are options to get people interested via social media, but it's obviously tougher if you're competing with other resellers who offer the same products (unless you can whoop their pricing and service).
    I know a few folks who are strictly resellers and do well but they spent a lot of effort branding their selling services and are mostly niche.
    I'm no reselling expert but having an FBA seller's account I have seen some of the moves these folks make in that arena. Maintaining inventories and winning the buy box on a consistent basis keeps them rolling in sales. It's a lot of all-day monitoring etc.

6. Thaddeus43

Yeah, all I want is to get people interested via social media so I can point them to where I am selling stuff at. And hopefully target the right audience using the social media. Just creating quality traffic to my listings to increase the chance of sells is all.

There isn't anything inherently unique about the products I am reselling. I am trying to undercut the competition a little bit, but my thinking is if I can drive enough traffic to my listings, then only a small % would need to actually make a purchase.

But when I am currently only getting about 2 views per day, then my chances are relatively low of ever selling anything lol.

Another issue is that currently I am only offering 1 product, and have low inventory (Basically this whole idea has just started within the last few weeks). Eventually I want to have more product offerings, but am trying to sell out of this initial inventory just so I have some cash to inject into the business.

I've sold about 50 items so far, but that has largely just been meeting people in person and selling under the table. Which is fine to make some quick money to put back into the business, but obviously isn't very scalable.

7. Thaddeus43

Branding is something I am trying to make a big push on initially as well. I want people to keep coming back to me for when they want to make more purchases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar