VIDEO: Kerry Collins 11 straight incompletions including INT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Bob Griese > Kerry Collins

Walter Payton explains the 85 bears, not to mention their defense..Unless you think Chris Johnson is the equivalent to Walter Payton, and you know where we can get an elite defense overnight, then no.

Phil Simms was certainly no Kerry Collins

and Brad Johnson threw 22 TD's vs 6 INT's for the Bucs and made plays when they needed him too. Plus that defense was better than ours was this year and last.

Try again..

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's what I don't get. At 0-3 with a tough schedule ahead, Fisher most definitely should not be fine with it.

3. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Jesse,

You are correct , the throw should be made early. I remember last year Kerry tried this at times. The receivers run a lot of wrong routes and it made him look like he was making a bad throw.

Maybe he is getting scared or maybe he does not trust them? He got excellent protection last year, which gave him more time, which is the way he plays well. He has almost never been good under pressure. I think everyone knows this.

I don't know the answer, either better protection, a better run game( solved when we don't start 14 points behind) a better answer to the blitz or start getting on the same page with the receivers. I would imagine the loss of his TE Scaife has put a damper on some of his plans but it does not explain everything.

I could be wrong, but it seems as though he rarely hits anyone in stride, but I remember quite a few from last season where they simply stopped and turned around. Too much film has been watched on him for that to work now.

As long as he is pressured and has no answer besides throwing it away or for a interception, teams will never let up. I wouldn't if I was them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If 1970 the starting year for the NFL, that would mean 7 out of 42 teams had success with that.
    That's 1 in 6 teams, a little less than 17% of teams that have won a championship with that kinda team. Maybe you like those odds, but I don't. Sorry.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

KC is just boring forget the Wins I rather see vince run backwards 20 yards and throw a funny INT at the other team,or have ramsey getting sack by a all out blitz.Or put michael Roos in the wildcat as a Qb,but nahh nahh same old boring KC. 0-16 16-0 I just want to see a normal QB.:grrr:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why are people so obsessed with history? History doesn't dictate what will happen in the future. To the individual, history doesn't matter.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

this instance I agree with you.

Its the old heads 5 times in a row what is the chance of heads next flip

of course its 50-50, but recent history would indicate otherwise.

Big picture I find history facisinating. Everything has been done before, usually multiple times.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You must know absolutely zero about history. It doesn't dictate what will happen in the future but it often indicates what will.
    It repeats itself. Please tell me you have enough common sense to realize that.

Also, I was responding to Tide's list of teams in NFL history that won a SB with a game managing QB.

And I really don't give a :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: if history matters to you or not. It does to me.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

In high school. My favorite subject was Math. lol just sayin :ha:

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

My favorite subjects were skipping class, lunch and going home for the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar