Vince should be the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Vince should start

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. let's give him a few more weeks

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. start BILLY !

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. what? are you kidding ? Kerry rocks !

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Carson Palmer learnt it.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Reallistically we are probably looking at year 3 at least before Vince is consistently good. So I just see no benefit of throwing him out there this early in a terrible system (that we hopefully wont be running next year) and a bad offense. I think what they are doing with him now is a nice way to manage it. Right now he can adjust to the speed of the game while not being overwhelmed. If you give him 11 or 12 starts I think you risk putting a QB who is not ready, running possibly the worst offensive system in the league, with really not much talent around him. Not only do you give him more chances of blowing out a knee or something, you also give him a chance of getting overwhelmed and not really learning that much because nothing this offense has been doing is anything I think he needs to learn. I think by getting spot duty now, and maybe 3 or 4 starts at the end of the year, then he isnt overwhelmed and can quite possibly learn more from Kerry's mistakes, and that will give him the enough experience to adjust to the speed of the game. And hopefully by next season he will be surrounded by better talent, a better system and will already be adjusted to the physical aspects of the game, and hopefully more adjusted to the mental part.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it really boils down to this :

If Collins gets injured, Vince is up to bat
    ready or not

and from what I've noticed of Vince - no - he is not fully ready

however, as I continue to state - he is going to take his lumps anyway
    this team will not be competitive this year (as we currently see it)
    -next year we might - IF Vince is ready

which means more insertions in certain packages or a qtr or so

I still stand behind my statement : Week 8

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

David Carr took his lumps too and hasnt improved a bit since his rookie year, despite adding a solid RB and a pretty damn good receiver. And someone posted an article on this thread ( I think this thread, but on this board somewhere) that displayed how guys who sit a year typically end up having better careers than guys thrown right in. Obviously that depends on the QB and the team, but why would you want to go against the trend and for what reason? So maybe we can go 4-12 instead of 3-13? If we end up screwing him up in one way or the other simply because we are impatient then that is going to hurt this franchise a lot longer than it would if we let Collins start most of the games this year. I understand the excitement, but no matter how excited we are about him doesnt change the fact that right now he is still a rookie who is not ready.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

I think we just want to see the kid play....... at least I do.

Your chances of winning may/may not improve starting Vince over Kerry. But it definitely won't go down. 7-19 1TD......... and a pretty touchdown at that. & the kid doesn't even practice with the first team...........

don't make me wait a year to see this kid play........

that just ain't right.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you'll only have to wait 'til week 8

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

i beilieve what jim mortenson said today on sportscenter was right, theyre using kerry collins as a scapegoat for the problems on offense, because if vince were to ever have these problems, he would lose his confidence, but by letting hinm get a little playing time after they are out of contention in a game, he is able to put hwat he is learning to the test and the coaching staff sees how good he is developing, i dont think kerry collins will make it through the whole year as the starter, but i think that if young is put in as the starter for a while, he will be successful, and by next year, will definately be starting

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes, but Fisher always said we were going to use Young sparingly.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Knowing that Volek is not a starter and is an idiot, that's what I've been saying since the draft.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You make him sound like a foot creame. I just read up everything through this entire theread. Great posts in here. That confidence stuff is garbage by the way. He does need to stand by and do his "wax on wax off"... In short. Puck is right. Again.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar