Vince Young Gone (Reaction Thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince Young has a brighter future than Jeff Fisher. So for the purpose of this thread, I'd say the wrong decision was made. But it's been made, so moving on. But I am wondering being that we've just lost 2 coaches, what is Fisher ready to do to save his job? It's still early, but potential coordinators and position coaches are going quick. Fisher needs to get busy or get going.

You know nickmsmith, you don't have to take part in this thread if you find it to be of no use.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

No, I just don't enjoy the rehashing of the same arguments over and over, and new threads constantly popping up, arguing the same thing. This is not constructive in any way, and no longer entertaining.. There's a reason I stopped posting in the Reaction thread, there is no point. It's hard to ignore when new crap pops up every few minutes by people stirring the pot further. I enjoyed when there was a little civil discourse here.

It is of some use, the use of EVIL.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

The thread title is pretty self explanatory, "looking back, was the right decision made".

I'd say it does deserve its own thread. I think the right decision would have been to not pay Vince's bonus with the intention of re-signing him to a more reasonable deal. And Fisher definitely should have been fired based on his own body of work. So I don't think The Beast is just reacting to Vince's departure but rather taking it all in as he "looks back".

5. nickmsmith

There's nothing to look back on. It was like a month ago, and there hasn't been one snap of football played. This thread would be appropriate in about a year or two.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

However... you can bench a QB. Just sayin'.

As for this thread, it'll be difficult to make a decision like this until later. At least after the draft.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

correct decision was made.

As far as Washburn leaving I think there is more to it than is being told. (problems working with Cecil?)
    He was a good DL coach and made quite a few players lots of money. He did have some failures but was that his fault or the players?

Johnson can be replaced fairly easily. He was moved to the RB position after Kennedy left for USC. He was the QB coach and supposedly had a good relationship with Young. By him going to the Vikings look for Young to go there since there is a relationship between them.

9. nickmsmith

Yea, the decision for the D-line coach leaving had nothing to do with the QB situation, it seemed like clearly a gripe against Cecil, or some entity on the Defensive side, or the possible coaching change in the future. He's in his sixties, he wants continuity.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fact of the matter is VY undermined his boss and should have been fired for that, especially given everything else that has happened in the last five years regardless of his play. You can argue all you want behind closed doors, but you don't throw a hissy fit in front of the entire team. If anything, it's just embarrassing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar