Volek vs. Collins (not GATFT)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jun 30, 2008.

?
  1. Collins

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Volek

29 vote(s)
    50.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TitanJeff's tournament game got be thinking about the forgotten position. The all-important, back-up quarterback. :yes:

I'm looking at Kerry Collins in two big games last year. Division games. Wins in week 17 and 7. I mean, that's significant playing time. Now at Tampa Bay... pretty darn ineffective. But damn... he saved the freakin' playoffs. Kerry Collins secured the playoffs.

What did Billy Volek do? Biggest thing he did all year was pass short right for LaDainian Tomlinson and get picked by Calvin Lowry. Except for 8 yards on eight plays and sneaking in from the 1 with 4:50 remaining for the lead against the Colts in the playoffs. I think we all got a good laugh out of that. That was freakin' hilarious.

I remember alot of fire and hate. Hate on Billy before he was gone. I know the Collins hate never went anywhere. I also remember Kerry Collins doing a fine impersonation of a turtle. What we have here is just a popularity contest.

Billy "The Liar" Volek :suspect:

vs.

Kerry "The Paper Champion" Collins :ha:

I wasn't really a Titan Fan when the Oilers were in Houston so I honestly don't have any idea what kind of help Moon or any other Oiler qb had as far as a back-up was concerned. If I put Neil O'Donnell in this thing he would run away with it. He obviously would win the best Titan's back-up.

So just vote who you like more or dislike less.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Volek by far. But, I prefered Volek to McNair for the last couple years they were both here.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Collins. It's who I'd rather have watching my back in a bar fight...

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Volek was a total azz during his departure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jason Gesser...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's weird to me that of all the teams that Volek could have gone to and had a chance to start he goes to SD and continues to be the perennial backup. I bet The Ravens wish they had gone after Billy rather than McNair.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was that Wash. St. QB right. He was awesome in college.

Who was that QB from Oklahoma? White something.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Volek was the only #2 QB I knew where his jersey was on NFLShop.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I was having alot of fun with the Volek - Bennett party
    I wouldn't have minded if they'd kept that thing going for awhile longer

In a 3 game span in 2004 (12/05 - 12/19)
    Billy tossed 1187 yards and 11td's
    Drew caught 517yards and 8 td's ( he had only 2 other 100yard games all year - both Volek starts)

poor Billy
    I liked him better as a starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar