VY to get a Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said he might give quarterback Vince Young an opportunity to play with the first team offense in an effort to evaluate the backup with the first-team offense.

''Part of the preseason process is to put people in different situations and scenarios so it’s not unlikely that Vince wouldn’t have a start. There is a chance that Vince will start a preseason game as we move forward,'' Fisher said. ''And we’ll give Pat [Patrick Ramsey] a chance to play a little earlier in the game.''

2. djones51

djones51 Rookie

Hey, why not??

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He should start and play at least 50% of 2 games.

We need to know what we have there. Kerry shouldn't need to play more than a quarter of 2 more games. We need to take the time to see what ramsey and young can do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Heimerdinger is really high on Ramsey from this article:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2009/08/10/qb-ramsey-making-good-impression/

Last week I talked to Heimerdinger about all his quarterbacks. Below is what he said about Ramsey. It’s pretty clear he likes the guy.

“Pat knows what we are doing and I have been very happy with some things he has done. Patrick has had a tendency to hurry and throw off-balance and he has made a couple of throws with people in his face that have really been good,” Heimerdinger said. “And Pat is really making some great decisions. He knows the offense and has a good feel for it. He has really done some good things.

“He’s had to scramble a little bit just because of the line (reserves) in front of him, but he knows where people are and he’s made some good throws. He has been accurate. I told him the other the day I think it’s been good for him to be behind this young offensive line because he’s had a chance to do what I have been asking him to do for years — get your feet down and set and throw — and has made some really good throws.”

It appears to me that this pre-season may be Fisher's version of a "last chance" for Vince. I bet if Vince doesn't score some points with the #1's in the next two games, we will see Ramsey get his chance to unseat Vince as the number two.

5. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

patrick has worked with dinger far more then young. Im all for young getting a some time with the 1st team to see what he can do afterall its only preseason.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This kinda reeks of showcasing Vince for a possible trade.

7. TTUtitanfan21

TTUtitanfan21 Camp Fodder

I agree..

But if that is not the case.. this will atleast be able to show the critics that ar for and against him that were saying "well vince dident have good recievers in like Kerry did." or "Vince dident have the O-line that Kerry did." This will be able to show what vince is truly capable of.. I hope he can succeed but if not this could be his last ticket out of here...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought that as well. I also wondered if they might do the same with Henry.

But I can't see either being worth much to anyone right now. One or both could be available in September for nothing.

9. It's also worth pointing out that letting VY start also lets them see Ramsey against the 2nd string without making it look like VY is the #3... :suspect:

10. I can't see anyone trading for either of them? No one would touch Vince's ridiculous contract. And no one would give up anything for Henry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar