VY Update

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PassTitansPass, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Being an idiot and making poor off-field decisions (that don't relate to your football career) isn't bust related.
    I mean look at Antonio Cromartie, dude has a whole football team of kids. Many stupid decisions there, doesn't affect his on-field performance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah b/c sub par performances gets you that many wins......Ask Jake Locker how his performances worked out for him last year and if he would rather have more int's if it meant more wins!

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I would continue to argue that. "Bust" is used extremely liberally on this forum for my tastes. Basically anyone that doesn't have a long career is a "bust" on this forum.

VY contributed to this team and had some success. How is that a bigger bust than Woolfolk or Chris Henry, players that did nothing?

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yes because I was such a little VY fanboy and he took my heart and just through it away like shoulder pads into the stands.

5. Alex1939

Well me too but I don't know if that makes him a "bust".

Although I actually just read a NFL debate on what a bust means and some people seem to go by it is the players contributions to the team based on expectations.

Therefore the Chargers could say "Drew Brees was a bust" and that statement would be true for Chargers fans. But I think that is ridiculous personally.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Sigh..

7. Alex1939

I'll be honest too, I don't feel the even the slightest bit bad about VY's money troubles. He is now one of my more despised players to have played in the NFL. He really screwed this team over and acted like an ass to the fans.

MAYBE that is why I am not so upset over this last season and Munch and the reason I'm not soo bent out of shape like some other posters. It just feels sooooo damn good to have the VY/Fisher drama behind us.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah this 6-10 season was so much better than when we were winning with young/fisher and making the playoffs.

9. Alex1939

Yeah that was so awesome that season when we barely made the playoffs and lost in the first round to the Chargers and VY played like **** the entire year.

And then that next season when we were winning and were practically a superbowl caliber team with VY on the bench.

But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your man love.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd say VY set us back further than anyone else.

If VY comes in with his head on straight and did what he needed to do we might still have a franchise QB under center and this team is in a completely different place.

If Locker doesn't turn out to be anything special you set us back another 3-4 years. Two QB busts in a row is Cleveland Brown territory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar