Warren Moon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdee, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdee

jdee Guest

Unfortunately, Warren Moon went into the Hall much like his football career, in the back seat. The late Reggie White, popular Cowboy Troy Aikman and super bowl coach and video game icon John Madden overshadowed Moon and he was an afterthought. If not for the fact that he's the first black quarterback inducted, no one would have known he was put in.

Anyway, hats off to you Warren, you da man!

JDee

2. Yeah, Warren Moon, hats of to yer

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Years from now, I think it will be looked at differently. Moon doesn't have the star appeal of some of the others who were inducted but there can only be one "first black QB to enter the HOF".

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I have to disagree with you jdee. I think Moon being elected to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot was a well deserved honor, perhaps a little unexpected, but well deserved. Praise for Moon seemed effusive and sincere. People continually mentioned that Moon deserved to be in the hall regardless of race, regardless of north of the border championships; he had the numbers to get his own Hall of Fame bust based solely on what took place on the NFL field. I think no matter how you slice it "Warren Moon: first ballot Hall of Famer" is pretty damn sweet. On Saturday through this viewer's eyes Warren Moon took a backseat to no one. I hope at some point he returns to the franchise in some capacity, although as time goes by it seems more and more unlikely.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh Warren Moon, the man who got me into American Football.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I know what your saying but to me, aside from Reggie White none of them were fit to shine Moon's shoes.

Remember this?

Four Pro Bowlers (Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross, Deron Cherry and Lloyd Burruss) playing in Kansas City’s secondary on Dec. 16, 1990, when Moon shredded the Chiefs for 527 yards and three TDs. The yardage total marked the second greatest passing day in NFL history behind Norm Van Brocklin’s 554 (1951). Moon had an opportunity to shatter Van Brocklin’s standard, but removed himself from the game early in the fourth quarter.

himselfhttp://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/280086_moonnumbers04.html

7. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I was glad to see Warren bury some hatchets and put some things to bed in front of a national stage on Saturday.

I especially mean the thank you's he gave Glanville, his ex-wife, Bud Adams etc.

Warren is nothing but class imo.

Later

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I was just telling my wife that exact same thing. Well I did not call it AMERICAN football.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I couldn't be happier to see Moon in the hall. I fell in love with the Oiler in 87 and Moon was a huge reason. As a young boy I had his poster up all over my wall and had about every football care of him ever printed. Just wish one of his teams could have gone to the dance. I felt he deserved it. Congrats Moon!

10. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

The prettiest pass in the history of the game. I was so happy for Warren. My favorite QB of all time. (until Vince is done) People talk about Aikman and his accuracy. Aikman couldn't hold a candle to Warren.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar