Was Merrill Hodge Right about Vince?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Them T-boyz, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You mean like the 2 plays Scaife and Gage made last week when Vince sat down?

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

AMEN!!!

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If we had a good group of receivers then MAYBE we would have a shot to at least go deep into the playoffs. I wont say Superbowl but I'll say deep into the playoffs. But we don't.

But so far Hoge is right about Young. I mean can we just forget about 06? It doesn't matter anymore and Young hasn't been able to run like he did since then. Yea I know he was hurt a lot last year but even before the injury he didn't run much, he was a QUAR TER BACK remember? I mean Heimerdinger said he had to start from scratch with his footwork it was so bad. He just doesn't seem to read defenses well, all his interceptions are often right to the other team. I know the receivers aren't good but he will often throw behind them or over them. When you watch other QBs throw the ball is where it needs to be, with Young it isn't.

Unless Young comes back and really does well I wouldn't object, in fact I'd be in favor of looking at a QB in free agency or the 2nd round of the draft.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The NFL is a 'pick your strengths' league. If you have a real good set of receivers, your qb probably stinks. If you have a real good offense, your defense probably stinks, and etc etc. We aren't going to invest a lot in a group of WRs when our dated strategy revolves around ball control anyway. All we need is a guy that manages. Seems simple enough.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thanks, John!
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3 years in it's time to perform - not sit in the sideline with your head in your hands. Flacco and Ryan looked more ready for the NFL in their first starts than Vince did in his third season..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Speaking of flacco.

4 carries for 37 yards.

VY 1 carry 4 yards.

How is vince going to succeed rushing for 4 yards?

There were just 2 plays that would turn this conversation around. The long pass to mccareins that was over thrown and the 2nd int. Vince had his opportunities to succeed so maybe next time he will.

The problem with the knee is bothersome because when he comes back he won't be effective runnung and he has to get 2 first downs a game with those legs.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Lol I am still a VY supporter but its time to face the music. Don't blame the receivers for his inability to make good throws.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well let me rephrase it. His interceptions are usually thrown right at defenders.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Oh, excuse me Ms. Cleo. I didn't realize you were posting on the board.

You didn't "know" anything. You thought it, and so far you have been right, but you can't know something before the fact. You are acting like he barely got drafted. Gloat, he was a consensus top 10 pick by every analyst.

Everybody knows the success rate on quarterbacks is less than fifty percent. It's not that hard to pick one of the three and say he can't do it. Let me ask you though, would you rather have Leinart right now? I wouldn't.

And the Giants game had nothing to do with Vince's three touchdowns? See, now you are just being spiteful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar