Washington Adjusting to Titans Passing Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Nate Washington knows there are expectations for him to produce after signing a free agent contract with the Titans. "Nate is a veteran guy who is coming into his own," Kerry Collins said. "He has a chance to make a real big impact right away." Washington is working towards learning a new system which requires him to get out of his routes quicker with different angles than he had in Pittsburgh. "I am so used to running a route and then getting open as of where here you are running to get open and I think it is going to be tougher than I thought, but it’s been working," Washington said. "Kerry has been working with me, Vince (Young) has been working with me and (the coaches) have done a good job of letting me know this is how it goes around here and I have been adjusting to it. The main thing is not to make the same mistakes twice."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Vince: Psst.. hey Nate, Collins said your mama is fat..

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

maybe we sould switch to the system where you just run and magically get open

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Sounds good to me, though when I first saw the headlines I automatically thought he had to adjust to no pass being completed past the inconquerable 40+ yard mark. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

well Nate said its tougher then he thought learning the new system so maybe thats what he expected lol but in all seriousness i think Nate is gonna do good things for us

6. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

What about the special brick training our WR goes through? Im sure he doesn't enjoy having his hands mutilated..

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well going from number 3 to number 2 can be a tough transition. Especially because he knows that he doesn't have Holmes and Ward to take the heat off of him. I think he will come into his own.

I'm just stoked that there is no Jmac on the field!

8. Knux757

Knux757 Virginia Beach Elite

Agreed! In another thread I said I didn't hate on any Titan player and I supported everyone, but I felt that Jmac didn't fit in back with the Titans and the position needed a big change, so i'm glad that happened finally. Madden will be fun.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i thought the samething when i read that. it seems to be working pretty well

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

"Washington Adjusting to Titans Passing Game"

What passing game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar