Weakness?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

That's easy. DE is a weakness. Morgan and Wimbley are decent, but they don't scare any offense in the league. We either need a DE who can get to the QB or a beast DT who dominates like Fat Albert did.
    If you can continously put pressure on a QB, you don't need superstar DBs. Best example: NY Giants. Who were their CBs during their two SB wins? On the opposite: How many SB rings does Revis have?
    CB is not a weakness on our team. Not by a long shot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Careful, not too many details or your friend might get burned. Happens all the time, one Titans employee reads the boards and puts two and two together. At the least, he gets called on the carpet and the news dries up.

3. Stan

Stan Infinite

Exactly what I've been kinda worried about

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No superstars on the DL. All our starters are average, we need that 10 sack dominant DE [or DT] guy.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats a fair evaluation of McCourty, but he's the better CB, what's that say about "I'm always 2-yards behind you" Verner?

6. JCBRAVE

He would have to have a GREAT year and stay out of handcuffs to be a Titan beyond this year

7. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

We need a dominant DT. Haven't had one since AH unfortunately. A disruptive DT makes everything better. The DE's immediately get better, and as stated in above threads the CB's start to look like All Pros. Case in point.... Michael Griffin was a Pro Bowl safety with AH.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Stan

Stan Infinite

Nah Verner is definitely a better CB. McCourty probably is a little faster top end tho. And I haven't noticed that too much with Verner but I probably have my homer glasses on a little bit haha

9. JCBRAVE

A little faster? He's A LOT faster bud!

10. Stan

Stan Infinite

Not that much. Like I said top end for sure, but Verner is much quicker. I'd rather have that short area burst than better top end speed. Safeties are there for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar