Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simple enough, vote who you think will be opening day starting QB.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think I found the problem with Kerry Collins

[​IMG]

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I would have to go with Kerry Collins. He has more expierence than any other QB, and I think he would give us the best chance to win some games. Vince Young should not start at all.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It'll be Collins.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why will it be collins? He isn't going to start after 10 days with the team. Heck, he might even start week 2, but not week one... Billy hasn't shown any reason that he can't hold the starting job, he had a perfectly acceptable preseason, I don't think anyone expected him to tear it up.

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

If that were true, Collins wouldn't be here, now would he?:irked: We all love Volek. He's a nice guy, great teammate and all, but he's not what the Titans need right now to get them back to a winning team. Jeff Fisher is in panic mode and he needs what will work right now. He and his contract don't have time to wait for Vince to be ready to play. He needs some wins and he needs them right now!

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Billy without a doubt...

Has been in camp from the beginning and knows the whole offense. Collins didn't play so great to even think that he should get the start. Collins played ok.

Collins is here for insurance in case billy doesn't play well or gets hurt. Volek is the starting QB on this team. Why in the hell would collins start?

Volek didn't play a lot because he didn't need the work. Collins and yuong did need the work.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Crash...

What the hell are you talking about? Billy has been in this ofense for 2 years, collins for 10 days. Billy has been working with these receivers for years collins for 10 days.

The addition of collins came because he was cheap and provides insurance in case billy gets hurt or struggles. If billy goes down t hey want to replace him with a veteran not a green rookie because we want to win games.

Billy isn't going anywhere. He is going to win games with this team..

Volek is in his 7th season and is 30 years old. He's not a vet?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7th season
    30 years old

but how many games has he played?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar