Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Don't even say that as a joke :irked:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is everyone assuming that volek sucks?

What is the justification for that? Anyone? Kerry collins strolls in and you all act like he is john wayne or something. What are his credentials? He has taken a lot of snaps? He is still the guy with with the sub 80 career passing rating, he is still the guy with no mobility at all. In collins career he averaged 50 yards rushing......per season! What is so great about this guy that makes him so superior to a player that has been with this organization for 7 years?

And facts please not vague theories or generalizations. I don't care what john clayton says either. Show me how with facts that collins is a better qB than billy volek. Show me how collins should start sunday after just 2 weeks with this system when volek has been here the whole time.

Why is collins so great and volek so bad?

3. Neither guy is that great. The difference is that Collins has tons of experience to draw on and is a good locker room presence. He's proven himself a capable starter in the NFL.

As for Volek, he hasn't proven much of anything and the coaches have obviously given up on him. That's a bad sign...

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We have no reason to assume Volek is good... That's a bigger problem to me. What has he ever done? Ever? Have the Titans won any game in which he started? I can't remember any. Collins is a better QB. I can't say that I'm proud of the way Fish and Floyd have handled this situation but that's how it goes.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

rcarie...

You have repeated this lame refrain on another thread and it makes no sense. He has been a backup! That is not a crime! Volek did win a key game for us in 2002 and he threw for more yards in his first 10 starts then manning or marino.

I wonder where you were on volek a month ago or 2 months ago. I don't recall a thread started by you expressing your concerns at volek's accomplishments. Only when the great kerry collins is abord does that matter. Why because kerry is so awesome?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Collins' locker room presence...

From the village voice when collins was a giant..

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0048,dunleavy,20213,3.html

Now that's a locker room presence! A racist and a drunk who quits on his team! Does he have a problem with filipinos?(amano)
    Sign him to a long term deal!

7. Mempho Man

Mempho Man Guest

I think Volek should be the starter until he loses the job by his playin or lack of..

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

In regard to whether someone will trade for Volek.. Does anyone here think someone like say Kitna or Aaron Brooks is that much better than Volek? Those guys are starters. Someone will want Volek. Seems to me there is waiting game to see if a team will step and take him before he's released...
    I don't see any reason to just let Volek go unless it's over salary...

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

isn't today the day that volek's salary becomes set in stone? any word on titan talk radio of a trade or anything today?

My gut also tells me either collins or volek will have to leave the game b/c of a minor injury this sunday...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hmmm...

Does anyone here think someone like say Kitna or Aaron Brooks is that much better than Volek?
    ---------------------------------

The raiders sure think that brooks is better than collins.

I think we need 2 vet QBs if we are serious about winning. When we signed collins fisher said he(collins) came to compete for the starting job. Fisher did not say that collins had the job already but some think that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar