Week 1 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 1, 2006.

?
  1. Kerry Collins

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Billy Volek

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Vince Young

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's like me saying that Peyton Manning is a horrible qb because he lays speech turds. If I didn't know any better I would think Overalls has guessed your password. :ha:

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

All I know if Kollins is in there I will support him to the fullest. Although, if VY is in there I might do a backflip!

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:suspect:

Well MVP QB vs a mediocre QB and alienating part of his team because of race not because of performance. There is a huge difference. Your comment stink of FiloGirl, but you forgot the "Y'all" :neener:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC what lie?

Collins was accused of making a racial remark. A remark that a player took offense to and divided a football team. He is an admitted alcoholic and it was dom capers who said he quit the team not me. I don't give a damn what joe paterno says in his defense after the fact.

Sorry but those are facts and you can stick them where the sun don't shine bubba!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hoffa

How could something true be lies? All that is part of this mans history part of his resume.

You guys act like he's your brother or something. Maybe you won't be kissing his ***** after we lose a few games.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Regardless of those issues, which QB gives us the better chance to win games is what it comes down to. And I think it's Kerry Collins.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC is the expert on collins...

Some guy who has never met him
    ---------------------------

Lame!

How many times has billy volek admitted to be an alcoholic?

How many racist comments did volek "reportedly" make?

How many fights has volek been in for a "reported" ethnic slur?

How many DUI arrests has volek had?

How many times has an nfl head coach accused volek of quitting the team?

I suppose that billy's high school coach would defend him if accusations were made against him but billy has never had any such thing. Billy volek doesn't need former coaches vouching for his character because he has no known character flaws and billy volek doesn't need a bunch a message board posters to throw a little sissy fit on his behalf. I will defend volek as a player and i don't see many of you defending collins as a player.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Face it the guy's a bumb!

[​IMG]

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Show me an example where I acted like he was my brother? Just more Tide crap thrown out there to muddy the truth.

Show me where I kissed his ***** (I'm not sure what those * add up to, but I didn't kiss anything of his). Show me a quote of mine that says I am kissing his *****. Since you can't, that's just more of your mud and lies. How do you get away with that?

You accuse him of being a racist and dividing a team, yet his former teammates say otherwise. And if you don't care what Paterno says, then I don't care what Capers says.

So what if he is a recovering alcoholic, he hasn't had a drink in 7 years? How does that make him a bad QB for the Titans in 06?

And please don't reply with words I did not say, or name calling or any of your other mud or lies. If that is possible for you.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Go defend the consecutive sacks he took then. According to you one can take Volek off the bench, have him make one throw for a td and exit the game with a 158.3 passer rating and that makes him god. Volek looked like a sack of feces this preseason. Collins is no MVP himself but I can read between the lines in the news and it's not a reach to come to the conclusion that Volek threw a first class hissie fit at the mention of Collins to come in as competition. That is speculation on my part but it's not an uncommon perception by any means. As for these asinine queries you are throwing out... that is a bunch of horse-kaka. Lendale is spitting. Pac is public drunk... we have wife beaters...road rage, DUI's on both sides of the ball. PA-LEESE! Where are your posts from six months ago riding in with the morality police? [​IMG] That's a bunch of mud slung bullcrap.

I'd like to remind you of something. I have read this entire thread. It is obvious in your numerous responses that you have not... however... the issue is not what you think Fisher should do... it is what you think Fisher will do. It is not "if I was Head Coach" ...

Also, read your own submissions if you are going to use them as attack devices. I have no problem with you attacking Collins. I really don't have any feelings for the guy. In fact, I started smack on him the moment I heard he was even mentioned... and that was months ago. I've been a big supporter of Volek but THE FACT IS he SUCKED badly this preseason. He's not the guy and I can tell by the way Fisher is handling this that something is "fishy" so to speak.

In regards to "who you think will start" ... I'll tell you that you will be proven incorrect in time, regardless of whether or not you THINK Fisher is making a mistake. Capish?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar