Welcome T/G Dennis Kelly

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Kelly has been in those Jumbo packages where he is lined up as a TE.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Ah ok, I didn't realize they had him out there as an extra ol. At least they're using him, because I still don't care for that trade.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

You miss the 27yds?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'm not saying just give it to him but Tretola had a good camp and a good preseason and will be in his second year under a good OL coach in Russ Grimm. Klien is also playing well right now and we have him under contract in 2017 so I think that we will let them fight for the RG spot in training camp.

If we draft anyone for the OL it will be somebody that can backup Jones at OC and give us some OG depth in the forth round.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

That made me look. I never considered who backed up Jones. It's Schwenke. Tretola backs up the guards.

6. ceeder

ceeder Starter

Schwenke is FA at the end of the season and likely walking to get more playing time elsewhere. Jones was our big ticket in FA last year and will be getting 90% of snaps. Just draft a backup C late or sign a cheap FA, not really a concern.

We have Kelly as excellent backup to Lewan and Conklin.

We have Kline holding down RG and Spain at LG. Bell probably walks this summer, Tretola as backup for both guards.

Need one more G/T backup, in my opinion, to go with a backup C. Don't really need any starters on the OL. We already have a luxury in Kelly who would start on most teams, IMO.

Priorities this summer for me are two WRs, two CBs, a safety, and a middle linebacker.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

image.jpeg Meanwhile, at Chance Warmack's house....

• LOL LOL x 7
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Since you are kinda new, don't know if you read the original posts about Kelly. He was supposed to be a good run blocker, but really bad in pass protection. The fact the Eagles knew they were losing a RT and still traded him made me believe they were right, but haven't seen him put in that position yet. Notice he's only in for runs. Maybe Grimm works him up better. But his height makes him a duck for someone to get under his pads and get around the corner. I would be concerned if either of our tackles were out with an injury.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Kelly would start on most teams? A luxury ? are you his mom??

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

OL definitely not a priority for me either. Heck, re-sign Schwenke & Bell to team friendly deals and call it a day.

Focus on WR, CB & ILB

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar