What I saw at the game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was at Gillette Stadium to witness the low-point cross-roads debacle. Here is a brief re-cap of my experience.

I flew in to Boston Friday to chilly temperatures and spent Saturday touring the historic sites and Sam Adams brewery :)beer2:) - highly recommend both. The Nor-easter wasn't supposed to hit Foxborough Sunday but obviously it did. We boarded a train in Boston that takes you directly to the stadium about an hour away. The stadium was VERY nice with great beer stands and food. There is a mall of shops and a hotel (The Rennaissance) adjacent to the stadium.

The Pats fans were actually courteous prior to the game on the train ride. They were interested to hear my perspective of what was wrong with the team- they actually knew that they were going to kill us. When we got there the snowflakes were as big as marbles and wet-wet-wet. I had rain gear and gloves, and long underwear but still got soaked from the wind. The weather was even nastier than it looked on TV.

Most of our guys came out sleeveless. I am telling everybody who is reading- THIS TEAM QUIT BEFORE THE OPENING KICK-OFF. They were on the sidelines kicking the ground- hands on hips, sighing and looking up. I couldn't find one player on the sideline that looked focused- not even Bulluck and KVB. Vince was huddled under his coat and barely had his eyes out to see the field.

What you couldn't see on TV was WR's quitting on their routes, RB's half-azz blocking with chips, arm-tackling and absolutely ZERO EFFORT to close on the ball. It looked worse in reality than on TV- you can't believe how weak the effort was. It was my clear impression this team has quit and the vets in particular aren't going to give ANY extra effort that might risk an injury.

The Pats fans immediately noticed that none of our WR's wanted to catch the ball-they were especially vocal about Scaife. They were courteous and respectful toward me, but eventually became sympathetic in a morose way stating that 4/5's of this team would have been cut by Belichek for lack of effort. And after a quarter, I began to to agree.

Anyway- the temperature dropped, the snow and sleet worsened and I was so cold and wet my balls were frozen to my leg. I had had enough by the first part of the 2nd quarter so I went up to the window where Wychek and Mike Keith were broadcasting so see if they would let stand in there with them. When I go to the window they both looked like they had just seen the family dog get run over by a car- so I gave up that idea and decided to head back to Boston to drink and change clothes.

The train back wasn't going to leave for another two hours, so a kind officer told me and my buddies that we could get a cab from the hotel. That turned into more of a cluster-funk that if we had just waited for the train. FYI- Gillette stadium is about 45 miles from Boston almost equidistant from Providence. The stadium and surrounding mall is the only thing within 30 miles of the stadium. Traffic control is an absolute nightmare- a huge infrastructure SNAFU for such a quality stadium. It took us two and a half hours to get out the stadium.

Despite the weather, the stadium location, the weather and the poor Titans performance, I would recommend this as a stadium to visit. It is unique and worth a trip there.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'd really like to know what made the team quit this season. I wonder if it is one big looming issue, or just a bunch of smaller ones that gradually wore them down.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You poor soul Riverman,thanks for the right up.

Between bouts of depression I actually had a laugh watching the game.It was bad enough that it was funny at times.

Through thick and thin I guess.It's times like these that me me appreciate when the goings good.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

All i got out of the post was

long underwear

and

frozen wet balls

5. Riverman

^^No doubt. There were three couples on the trip- the wives fortunately went shopping instead of the game. I got a million "sympathy" texts from my friends during the game.

It was my first time to Boston- the food was great, the pubs were awesome and the scenery we saw in the little window of good weather was beautiful. All of the Bostonians implored that we come back for another game in the future- to see more of the surrounding area.

6. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Did you wear Titan's gear also?

7. Riverman

^^Cap exposed- but not jersey. It was major wet so I had rain gear on the outside. Everybody around me knew who I was for by accent.

It took me about 10 minutes after I got my seat with my beer to figure out what a "wicked pissa" meant.

8. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

First time i ever went to a game, and yeah the weather was brutal. Met some real nice patriot fans and a lot of Tennessee fans as well. Was at the 50 yard line 7 rows back from the titans bench, and as riverman said they didnt really look like they wanted to be there. tackling was terrible they looked totally dead on the sideline, just moping around. it was bad.

9. Riverman

^^Man- I was on row 17- about 10 rows behind you! Did you stay for the whole shooting match or bail?

10. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

I stayed the whole time, you might actually have been the guy i was talking to by my section? rain gear titans winter hat, came down from canada with me and my bro. Does that ring a bell. i had a throwback oilers johnson jersey on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar