What if the D isn't as good as last year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Morpheus E, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah I would say IMO we drop from 7th to around 10-15th

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

No, we were 7th in yards per game. That's not an overall stat. And I put more emphasis into how many points we allow, because yards don't win games. Points do. (Reference: 2008 Divisional Round, Tennessee vs. Baltimore)

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in the nfl it is. for some reason they choose yards over points, so yes, we were 7th overall.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I've seen them use both, but either way, 2nd and 7th are very good. I think we could survive a slip to 5th and 10th.

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

No doubt, if we slip a couple of spots, there will by many who'll say it is because Schwartz is gone. Most of us know, however, not having AH may have something to do with it.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

does no one remember the steelers game???? honestly..no fat al, and we tore it up on d.
    not to mention with CC taking over you are going to see an even harder hitting defense. i have lived in wisconsin my whole life and watched the packers while growing up, chuck was a mean mfer, who laid people out harder and faster then anyone in the league. he will bring that to the titans. honestly...lets have this guy do this!!!

[​IMG]

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I value scoring defense much more than yardage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Why do some people have this obssession with this game? The Steelers offensive line was one of the worst in the NFL last year giving up 51 sacks(4th worst). Jones had a great game,no doubt but you cant expect him to do that every game based on that particular performance. We played probably our best game that day both offensively and defensively while they played there worst. It showed the potentional of what Jones can offer to this team but hes definitely not the lone answer to replacing AL. Cecil is going to have to work some magic but i have faith with his style of play and with the entire defense coming back with the exception of Al,he'll get the job done.

9. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Then maybe the Titans aren't 12-1 going into the Texans game. They play hard and whoop up on them. They then beat , but don't embarrass, the Steelers. Then Colts game is more relevant, they play hard and beat them. The Titans are on a hot streak and have success in the play offs.

In my opinion the Titans were tested in only 2 games last year. Both against the Ravens.
    The Steelers were tested a lot more, look where that got them. Sometimes it is almost good to have a weakness.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Take the average then..

2nd in scoring defense..

7th in total defense.

=4.5th best defensive team.. I think that average will still be 9 or better.

Scoring defense is more important because the game is all about points. The NE super bowl teams were stronger in scoring defense than total.

2001 pats 24th in total defense 6th in scoring defense.

2003 pats 7th in total defense 1st in scoring defense.

2004 pats 9th in total defense 2nd in scoring defense.

In 2000 the titans were #1 in total defense. the ravens #1 in scoring defense. Who had the better defense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar