What Moves Will The Titans Make With Plenty Of Cap Room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Signing Mario williams would be a game changer for us on defense.A healthy morgan on the other side.Add a good draft and we may have something.The big question is do we spend a lot of money to keep Finnegan or put that money towards Mario and go younger in the secondary?

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Keep Finny. Great leader. Seems like everyone else on the defensive side feeds off of his energy. Tough decision though, but I'm a big Finny fan.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Not saying I'm against a big name FA, but I think we still stick to our guns about picking up players from that second tier in FA. You don't see many winning teams make a bunch of splash moves.

The eagles went all out last season and all they got was.... Nothing lol. Dream team baby!

Not saying I'm against it. Mario Williams would be a big help, but a big reach in cap also. I always lean to the draft more than FA.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Like the Redskins of 99 they went overboard. One or two big names can really help. But you also have to make sure they will fit with the team. Not just sign big names and expect results.Eagles were just dumb

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Big name o-lineman never hurt. Can't go wrong with Nicks or Grubbs.

Beyond those two, I don't care if we pass on the rest of the big names and shoot for the bargain FAs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't complain with Nicks or Grubbs, but to me that still leaves us with a need at center. If we pick up a FA center then we can move Amano back to OG and let him/Harris/Velasco/Rookie fight it out for the starting OG spots. Amano has proven that he could play OG.

Get better at 2 positions with one move.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Then we can draft Konz. There's also the C from the Raiders we could target.

If we replace one of the guards and get a new center we can handle one weak link in the line... Every team has that one o-lineman who's just not as good as the rest. In a perfect world, a team would have Jake Long, Carl Nicks, Nick Mangold, Jahri Evans, and David Stewart (best RT in the league IMO), but you've got to have at least one scrub on the line.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would have no problem with picking up a FA OG and drafting Konz in the 1st, but I don't think our FO wants to pay big money for a FA OG and then spend their 1st rnder on a C.

I think our offense can be elite if we get better run blocking. We have elite talent in CJ, Britt, and Cook. While Williams and Washington are solid #2/#3 WRs.

Becoming elite in one side of the ball is the key to making the playoffs.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mario Williams will be wanting ~13-15M. With ~13-15M we could instead sign:

Carl Nicks ~6M
    LaRon Landry ~6M
    Nick Hardwick ~3M

Nicks, Landry, and Hardwick would all be Top-3 highest paid in their respected position. Obviously we wouldn't sign Nicks, Landry, and Hardwick; but just proving that we could go after alot more than just overpaying on Mario.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Eagles weren't dumb for signing a handful of big name free agents, they were dumb for not hiring a defensive coordinator. Signing Nnamdi and not letting him be Nnamdi was incredibly stupid, but again, that's on the idiot they had running their D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar