What QB Would Be Best To Bring In To Play And Mentor Locker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SOLD, get him in here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Thanks for the info, didn't know Kerry's wasn't under contract.

I think you gotta take a realistic look and realize the situation here isn't exactly ideal for any QB that's worth there salt.

If a QB comes in he's gonna be a journeyman.

3. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Ideally you would want someone that either knows the team or knows Palmer's offense but would be willing to accept the roll of mentor.

Its gonna be tough finding a guy like that who won't vomit on themself or make you want to vomit otherwise they would be starting or backing up somewhere already.

I think this team has some viable pieces around which to build an offense, good OL, good running game.
    For me its a question of how quick Palmer can install and get the guys to execute the offense, if Palmer/Locker can click early this team imo could be competitive.

4. bkellyusa

bkellyusa Camp Fodder

I didn't say that Gradkowski was the next coming of Dan Marino but he is more talented than you think. It's not his fault that the Raiders have kind of sucked all through most of his career. Plus, as I said, there are not too many QB's that I think we can get. I am not real sure we can get Bruce Gradkoski.

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Camp Fodder

I agree. People do not realize what this guy actually did on horrible teams. Very quick release and better than average vision. He wouldn't be a terrible stop-gap. My one thought is that he does not have a ton of experience and might not be the best mentor for Locker. I would like to see a wily veteran who can teach him a few tricks of the trade. Bruce never had a decent mentor in Raiderland so he would have limited value in that respect.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i've changed my mind a few times the past few months about different players coming in but number one on my list right now is Matt Hasselbeck.i think he could play his last couple years here and let Locker learn under him until he is comfortable.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow another example of what i have been talking about. 6 of Gradkowski's 8 years in the nfl were not with the Raiders. He was drafted by Tampa and played at Cleveland.

The reason he was a backup for bad teams is because they are the only teams he could be a #2 for.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hasselback if he comes here will be a player and not a coach. All those wonderful kind words aside he wants to play football not just be some caddy for some kid.

There is a fine line between being a team player who helps out the younger guy but also being a competitor who wants to keep his job and win. Guys like Hasselback and Bulger want to play. Kerry Collins might be the guy most willing to accept the Neil O'donnell role.

Remember in 99 when Mcnair had surgery on his back and was out 5 games? O'donnell played very well leading the titans to a 4-1 record in those games. When Mcnair was ready to come back O'donnell went back to the bench. How many QBs would be willing to accept that?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I disagree.

I think the titans present a very attractive opportunity for some of these guys we have mentioned. Good offensive line, good receivers and an elite RB. And the opportunity to play.

Bulger can carry Joe Flacco's jock at Baltimore or start here. What do you think he would prefer?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would they care about mentoring a 6 year veteran who had been discarded by 2 teams?

Can't you guys take 2 seconds and google this guy so you have a clue what you were talking about? He was a mid rd pick by Tampa in 2003. :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar