What unifrom are the Titans wearing Sunday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That was certifiably* the hottest regular season game temperature wise ever played at LP Field.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/20/pittsburgh-steelers-week-2-wrap-up/

it only got hotter and hotter as the afternoon wore on. Kickoff was at noon cst. I wore a navy jersey and I couldn't even keep it on I was so freaking hot. I ended up loading up on free souvenir towels and wetting them down in the sink of the mens washroom and draping them over my head and shoulders while drinking water in an effort to keep cool . That sun was freakin' INTENSE.

Frank Wycheck on air remarked about the jerseys and cited the actual field temperature which was well over one-hundred. It was freaking ridiculous, whatever it was, but then started to talk some jib-jab about the relative heat index. Bottom line is he said it was something like six degrees, how it feels or what-not. A reflecting shirt versus and absorbing shirt. It's not much, but it is something.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

According to Google Images, these are "jorts":

[​IMG]

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

[​IMG]

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Yea we don't use jorts in here we use speedos.Get it right.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Jean-shorts? Nice! that's how i rock my denim/canadian tuxedo come summer time around these parts.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd love to see the science on that. My claim that jersey color doesn't give you an advantage was based on someone who crunched the numbers from all the games in hot weather and there was no clear advantage (in terms of wins) for the team that wore light jerseys (I wish I could remember where I read that so I could link it). Actual science about what temperature the players feel would be much more compelling and I would definitely change my stance on this whole thing if it could be proven that white jerseys are significantly cooler.

Not like it really matter, though. As several people have pointed out, there's no disadvantage to wearing white, so you may as well do it.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Black jerseys in the California sun sure haven't hurt the Raiders.

:-/

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The color black is created by something which absorbs all light frequencies. White reflects all of it. I'm not a physics guru but, since that light also contains heat, then it would absorb more in darker jerseys than lighter ones.

As to how much it impacts a player when it's already friggin' 95+ who is running around a football field, who knows?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I like to say that gainesville is not south Florida.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar