What was the biggest surprise of the 1st round?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

That we actually took a guy at a position that's a fairly significant need for us. Warmack is a beast.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd say the Raiders taking Hayden, but they make massive reaches every draft. I thought they'd take Geno for sure though.

Cowboys taking rapist beard guy had to be the biggest shock.

Most of the draft was pretty predictable as it went along. Vikings fans have got to be excited.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Vikings trading that much for Patterson

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

EJ Manuel going off the board that early & being the first QB taken was a shocker.

I was also surprised with as desperate as the Pats seem to be for a WR that they didn't just go ahead and take Patterson there instead of trading the pick.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I feel pretty bad for Geno. He isn't even going to stay around for day 2.

I really hope the Jags don't get him because this will only make him better. Jags would truly be retarded not to take him at 33.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Had to be EJ Manuel as the 1st QB off the board. Was not expecting that one.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

My notes, in order:

1. Jags going safe. Joeckel the BPA but it's sooo safe for a team with impact player needs.
    2. 'Fins trading up to 3 to get Jordan. They're all in!
    3. Didn't really see Mingo as a fit to the Browns at 6. Thought it'd be Geno Smith.
    4. Rams trading up for a WR?!? Austin, enjoy being a decoy in a Jeff Fisher offense lol.
    5. Jets going defense with both picks; still desperately need talent on O.
    6. Kudos to the Raiders for trading back, getting extra picks and still getting there guy.
    7. Star/Floyd falling as late as they did.
    8. EJ Manuel is the #1 surprise. Might be another terrible Bills pick.. Head scratcher for sure.
    9. Eifert falling to the Bengals. Thought he'd go earlier, he's a GEM.
    10. I don't like the Colts pick of Werner.
    11. Vikings are the big winners getting Floyd, Rhodes and Patterson.
    As for what they gave up to get Patterson. You feel OK with that when you draft 3 times tonight.
    12. The Cowboys pick seems to be truly awful. Why they didn't stay at 18 is mind boggling.

Geno Smith falling out of the first!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

FSU alum here, and I laughed out loud when the Bills took Manuel. That's why they're the Bills, everyone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dolphins trading up for Jordan - not Lane Johnson...for a pittance.
    Mingo going to the Browns instead of them taking Milliner or trading out.
    Bills dropping out and losing Tavon Austin for EJ Manuel that high.
    Cowboys dropping back and taking a 3rd rnd OC?
    Vikings dumoing half their draft to move up for Patterson.
    Floyd dropping off the face of the Earth.
    Olgetree falling so far it made Fisher look like Belicheck (moving up for Austin and ending up with 'Tree)
    Teo and Geno falling out of rnd 1.

Take your pick...

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Fi sh moving up to get Austin did not surprise me at all. Fish has always liked those players with freakish athleticism. He also isn't afraid to draft guys with off field baggage and he got that in Ogletree. It was a classic Fisher draft.

The Fins for Jordan shocked me the most...it was a blindside to everyone...not a single analyst called it and I doubt many fans did either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar