Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What's our pitch to Andy Levitre?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    Free agents go where the money is almost every single time. If the Titans offer the most money, he'll be a Titan. It's no more complicated than that. The free agent who takes less money to play for a contender is very rare. It's a story the media likes to play up, but it's usually false.
  2. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,089
    The other teams have a handicap against the Titans. New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan and California all have high state income tax. Tennessee has no state income tax. If all teams offer him the exact same contract the Tennessee automatically wins as he will net more in Tennessee.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,568
    Well in Michigan non-residents pay half the rate of residents, so it's not that high
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,132
    • HOF Guard Head Coach
    • HOF Guard Offensive Line Coach
    • Historically one of the best offensive lines by team
    • No income tax
    • Young team
    • We can offer alot of $$$
    • Nashville, decent weather/city (vs Buffalo, LOL)
    All of those points should be sold HARD to Levitre
    Alzarius and Big Time Titan high five this.
  5. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,628
    Just show him an episode of Nashville and tell him that this is real life here. Then show him the pic of Kerry Collins playing guitar and singing. Ha, give him a publishing deal
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,568
    Lets look at this tax thing in more depth.

Say we offer him a 3 year $21M deal (including signing bonus) (that makes him a top 5 Guard salary-wise)

And he pays 12% state income tax. Thats $2.5M he loses over 3 years. Is a $2.5M savings worth playing in TN?

What if the Cardinals offer him 3 years $24M? Then whats our angle?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,941
    yeah cause showing a total lack of confidence in one's own abilities and overall direction of the franchise is really the way to sell a player on coming to TN.
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,163
    Where did you get that from?

I'm just saying there's a big difference between showing confidence in the direction of the franchise and acting like one of the worst teams from 2012 is going to multiple Super Bowls in the next decade. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to say it. But if the Titans can say that then so can pretty much every other team in the league. It means absolutely nothing.
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,406
    That's a small fortune to any man
  9. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,089
    Is that still true of the top income bracket? Either way I could see that changing given Michigan's declining tax base.