Where do you rate Pacman?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Thats really good. Font could be better but hell its too hard to chose a font for a sig.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tell me about it.

I removed the background text and left it as normal.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Where's Samuels? He was the 2nd best cover corner in the league last year. I think Pac was 3rd

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

ok I think this font is better.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pass defense stats are not a good indicator of CB performance when most teams are running successfully against your defense AND protecting a lead as has been the case in most of Pac's tenure.

I also agree that most gameplans avoid Pac as much as possible and more passes go to Hill's side. IMO, the truth in CB quality is how many "big plays" occur in that CB's assigment. There isn't a statistical category for that.

I'd put Pac in the top 5 in CB skills easy, but his immaturity (frequent stupid-A penalities) and off-field antics have kept him from making a top 5 CB contribution to his team.

He still is in the "potential" category in my mind. I am uncertain he will regain the momentum he had converting his potential to reality as a result of the suspension.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Now that Sig owns...

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd say he was roughly in the top ten last season, but I doubt he'll be that good when he comes back. Taking as much time off as he is, I think it'll take him almost a full year to get back where he was. It'll take him until the end of the season just to get back to being really comfortable starting.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Asante is a product of a system...Ive heard many Pats fans say that. They say hes good, but not as great as everyone makes him out to be.

9. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

Greatest

Player

Of All

Time

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think Pacman is somewhat over rated. Seemed to me like people just didn't throw his way last season, maybe not because they were scared to throw at Pac, but because it was so much easier to throw against the other defenders.

Still Pac is crazy quick and what makes him elite is how dangerous he is with the ball. It's scarier when he gets a pick more than other CBs since the potential is there for him to take it to the house.

Of course, as an overall player, his value rises since he's such an exceptional return man.

I'd say in the top 20 of CBs, but maybe not the top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar