Where is the Gators vs Vols Thread?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jessestylex, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Don't blaspheme the legend of Tee Martin.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'll give you Rick Clausen to maybe get in good with Jimmy, but even at that, he was a transfer from LSU. Casey came on his own merit. He was a highly recruited QB.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'd take Tee Martin over Clausen anyday. Tee was probably the best collegiate QB in history.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That was the entire story before most of us even knew who Jimmy Clausen was.

lol Watch football.

That was all the talk. About how 2 of the 3 brothers were at UT and they were hoping for the other brother later. I guess you think this had nothing to do with recruiting Jimmy, right? Suuuuure.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

You need to stop living in some alternate reality Bloat ...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

LOL @ your freaking delusions. I can't believe I even get baited into responding to your lala land crap.

When Casey was being recruited, Jimmy was probably in 5th or 6th grade and hadn't even hit puberty yet. Did Saban recruit Rick to LSU so he could land Jimmy? Did Fulmer recruit Berry so he could land his two younger brothers?

7. Deuce Wayne

And the hype had already begun...

how'd we know who Jimmy Clausen was while Casey was starting?

You guys don't even know your own football team. That's terrible.

8. Deuce Wayne

"WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. — Don't bother sounding the hype alert. It's way too late for that.

Jimmy Clausen, before he even took a snap as a high school quarterback, was heralded as a prodigy who would become "the LeBron James of high school football."
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2006-08-23-clausen-westlake_x.htm

Recruiting 101. It's becoming apparent that you guys only follow your squad when they're in the race. I don't even watch UT and knew that was their intentions way back then. That's how I LEARNED about Jimmy. The commentators would bring him up. "Hoping younger phenom brother signs on as well in the future".

Granted, I'm sure they wanted Casey on the team as a starter- but if you think they got Rick while Jimmy was visiting their practices non-stop...just because- well, I've got some land on the moon to sell you.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Again...Rick Clausen, maybe. He went to LSU and later transferred to UT. He came out of high school as a quality QB. Named to numerous All-America teams and was at LSU with Nick Saban, who had some pretty good classes.

Casey was another story. He was a very highly recruited QB and was among the top HS QB's in the country. To say that they got Casey just to get Jimmy Clausen is just ignorant. Especially considering that Jimmy was likely 10 or 11 years old when Casey committed to UT.

10. Deuce Wayne

Again, I'd assume they thought Casey was going to be great. But sticking with him after he sucked and then adding Rick brought a lot of convo about this blooming star little brother that was supposed to be better than both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar