Which WR do you want in FA or a trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Mar 3, 2017.

?

Which WR do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2017.
  1. Brandin Cooks

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. DeSean Jackson

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Alshon Jeffery

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Brandon Marshall

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Terrelle Pryor

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. none of them - get a WR in the draft

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Pierre Garcon

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

The Saints have said they are going to require a 1st for Cooks. I cannot see him being worth that when we have to extend him in year 2. He has already said he wants more than A.B. got from Pittsburg...... He thinks VERY highly of his services. I know he is the best option available outside of the draft. However, when you look at the guys in the draft; there are guys who can offer similar production/speed for less than a 1st & large contract. Why pay the high trade price of a 1st round pick & pay the huge contract. THIS IMO is why the Saints are trying to trade him now. They know he is not worth the huge contract he is going to command. He has not produced at that level consistently enough yet. They are not going to pay him. Some one will, but not them. They are just trying to get something in return for him while his stock is still sky high; instead of letting him walk away in FA & getting nothing. This is the 2nd year in a row they have shopped him. His role diminished this year. There are reasons these things happen. We do not know the story; but there are reasons.

Yes, I believe he would bring another dimension to our offense. I think he is worth a draft pick in trade. Just not a 1st; and we do not have a 2nd. So unless they will swap picks & take a 3rd to boot; I think the asking price is just too high. Especially when this draft class offers some guys maybe as late as the 3rd round that can bring the speed. They may not be to the level of Cooks; but they are going to cost FAR less.

Who was the last WR that was traded for a 1st round draft pick??? Especially a high pick above #20......

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Nope and I explained why I want him. The guy is consistent and has been healthy. I don't love his price tag but we have money to spend and surely he's better than every WR we have scratch maybe Mathews which I want to see a repeat season out of. Garçon would be an excellent pick up.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I actually like Garçon a lot...He's clean, and consistent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Garcon is a solid WR, my only issue with him is his speed, looks like he's lost about 5 steps from his prime and we need a burner out there.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree with that. I kinda think Sharpe can evolve into that possession guy and we can stick Matthews and newbie on the outsides

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

On another note, other polls you can click to see who voted what. Why can't we see this one? @TitanJeff

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hopkins... and then bench him. Just crushes the Titans but dont do squat vs the other 30 teams... well nothing like he does to the Titans. On second thought never mind benching him. Hopkins bad weeks are pretty real good weeks for Titan WRs

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

My man, how can you forget why he looks so great against us? You know are POS Busch league secondary makes everyone look awesome. I still cannot forgive those mother fawkers for allowing douche bag Manziel to beat us in 2015, straight bunch of arseholes that Secondary of ours.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Pryor. He blocks, he's physical, he competes and is scared of nobody and I think he only gets better as he gets more reps at WR. We need a big body. Creates bigger throwing windows for Marcus and gives us a nice second option to DW in the red zone.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I believe it can be set to show that or not by the person posting the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar