Whisenhunt year end Press conference

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Starts in 5 minutes. Can be heard on 104.5 the zone (and online via their website).

Maybe there will be something interesting said... SuPK said he was gonna ask some tough questions...

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hope PK drills them on Ayers and some of the awful signings this year. Horrible excuse of a football team this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Potentially have some changes on coaching staff. "Hard to say you are pleased with anything the way the record went." "Continuity is an important part of it" "There won't be change in the system" "Both OC and DC did good job"

suPK asked about changing system because things didn't work, making variations, etc... "We've always been flexible in systems we've run. You have to have a core system you believe in, I believe in how we approach and what we are trying to get out of it"

suPK asks if you did enough to bend things. KW "Always chance for second guessing and hindsite is 20/20" "Didn't feel like we were rigid trying to fit square peg in round hole"

Why so many lopsided games? "Things tended to go that way. We were competitive to a point then things (got out of hand)"...

Change in culture, broad term, is something need to change besides X and Os and personnel? "Process of doing that. Culture has been same as long as, however long this team has been in TN" WHISENHUNT DOESNT KNOW THE TITANS HAVE BEEN HERE 16 YEARS (as Titans)!!!!! What a DOLT!

What do you want to see in Zach, will you bring someone in to compete? "Haven't finished interview with Zach" "Important decision for organization going forward" "We won't have a lot of opportunities to be with him the next couple months because of the CBA"

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Alex1939

"Continually tried to do things to address our problems and issues and adapt our system to what we needed to do... that's what you have to do"

They keep asking him about Zach but Whis isn't really giving any direct answer. "No rush to decide on Zach as QB"

"Will be involved in process of free agency, college (scouting), and correcting the system"

On styles of QBs... "Ben ran around a little bit. I don't agree with your assessment on QBs. They can be different. We are looking for guys who can be successful."

Do you feel like you were able to identify team identity (what a great worded question)? "Large part of that will depend on how we go forward. Didn't finish with a lot of guys that started season. Not trying to use that as excuse, but you have to have set core group of guys that will help form identity." "Smarter football team, less penalties, blah blah"

Are there reasons so many players went down this year. "Football is tough game"

Do you look forward to this offseason not having to move and get aquanted with new team? "This is great town, consistency is really important"

"If you look at our draft picks, the review would be positive. Didn't see Bishop enough."

"We have a lot of work to do." Do you need to be faster, stronger, bigger or what? "We had opportunities to make plays and didn't make them"

Jurrel Casey said he felt the team was close. Lots of missed opportunities, clean up mistakes (penalties) and make tackles and plays, do you agree with that? "I'm not going to disagree with him"

5. Alex1939

"We won't sell everything out. We will continue with our system"

Dexter McCluster, how come not involved more or bigger impact. "I'd love to get Dexter more involved."

104.5 went to commercial.

Either Whis is just like Fisher with cookie cutter non answers, or he is delusional as ****.

I don't really mind the consistency comments, although I'd prefer a more adaptable coaching staff but I guess you have to specialize in something as a coach.

What really stood out to me was him not saying "In the 16 years as Titans" or "In the 18 years the organization has been in TN..." Just the idea that he was like "However long the team has been here"... I was surprised that the freaking Head Coach wouldn't know that off the top of his head.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

LOL yeah not getting the ball to McCluster was definitely one of the main problems.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I have zero faith in this guy....How is it even possible to suck worse than Mike Munchak?!?!?!?!?!

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Unless you've been a fan of this team since the move... more times than not, a person would either not know how long the Titans have existed or have to think about it.

I had to stop and think about it and I've been here from the start.

Just saying.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The fact he thinks the culture has been the same since 1998, he is a ****ing goon.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't really think it's a big deal he didn't know the exact # of years team has been here -- he should be focused on coaching the group of men on this team, not silly team history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar