Who do Titans want to lose in Jags-Colts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

NASHVILLE -- It seems easy to presume that, given their choice, both the Colts and Jaguars would like to see Houston win at Tennessee on Sunday.
    How about the division-leading Titans' view of Jaguars at Colts?

Week 3 results aren't going to have a disproportionate determination on the ultimate shape of the division. And the Titans are fully focused on Houston.
    Still, given the choice of the Jaguars falling to 0-3 or the Colts slipping to 1-2, which would the Titans prefer?

Albert Haynesworth votes for the Colts being 1-2: "The Jags are already a couple games behind us, so why not have the Colts get a couple games behind us?"

Former Colt Jake Scott says it's early, but... "We've already got a win on the Jags, so to have the Jags beat the Colts would probably be better for us right now, just as far as putting us further ahead in the division."

Cortland Finnegan would rather see Jacksonville remain winless: "I guess out of the rivalries in the division, I like them the very least. Both are really, really good football teams. Peyton [Manning] being Peyton, it takes about six quarters for him to get going. He's a scary individual. So I'll say I take the Jags going 0-3."

Ahmard Hall aligned with Haynesworth and Scott: "I'd go with the Colts. Once Peyton gets it going, you really can't count on them to continue doing what they've been doing. I'd rather them lose. Get a loss while you can because I know they're eventually going to pick it up. The Jags have been a good team in the past, but they haven't accomplished the things that the Colts have accomplished. I'd rather see the Colts lose and us get another game up on them because I know what the Colts can do, they are eventually going to get that straightened out."

Justin McCareins steered clear: "I don't even want to go there... My brain doesn't work that way, I'm too simple for that."

More...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, I'm loving Cortland more every week.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i want the colts to lose peyton manning...oops

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Colts Of Course

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

It's really a win-win, but if pressed I'd say the Jags. A third loss and they're done. Even if the Colts lose on Sunday, they've still got a home and home with the Titans (so Tennessee will still have to TCB).

And won't it be fun to watch JDR twist in the wind after his much hyped teal pussies go 0 - 3.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It's just a nice change of pace to be having this conversation to begin with... Nice luxury to debate whether we'd like to be 2 games up against both or 3 games up against 1.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Colts need to lose this divisional game, in the long run it could mean a lot to the Titans. im pulling for this jags in this one.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

McCareins... that quote says a lot.

9. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

Yeah, I agree.. did he eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast today?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

maybe he wanted a change from his usual helping of suck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar