Who is our 2011 HC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Dec 27, 2010.

?
  1. Jeff Fisher

15.9%
  2. Bill Cowher

7.2%
  3. John Gruden

14.5%
  4. John Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jim Harbaugh

15.9%
  6. Other

46.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Who is it going to be?

[​IMG]

Kuharsky claims that Bud is cheap and will hire to a budget.

I don't buy that. Fisher has been paid a lot of money and time is running out for Bud to see his dream of his team winning a SB.

If you select other please post to elborate on who you think we should get and why?

If there's no movement on the CBA agreement teams may face a lockout until August making it all the more difficult for a new HC to get a new system and players in place.

Personally I think a deal will get done to avoid that.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Out your choices, Fisher is the most likely. If he is fired, which I certainly think there is a really good chance, I think Greg Williams is a leading candidate.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I really like Jim Harbaugh but I want a proven winner.

I voted Cowher.Don't think he will work for an idiot like Jerry Jones.

Cowher is bound to pillage some Steelers coaches for his staff. If there's a slim chance he can pillage Dick LeBeau I'm all in.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If Fisher is gone, I don't think it will be a big name guy. I would love to get Harbaugh, but he is going to have so many options, including SF where he pretty much lives now, or Carolina where he can probably bring his QB. I don't think he would come here over either of those places. Cowher has leaked publicly the places he would be interested in, and the Titans were not on the list. Nor was Carolina, but I would think he would at least be somewhat interested in going there being as he lives there. John Fox is no better than Fisher, so I would prefer to keep Fisher before hiring him. Gruden is a possibility, except I think he likes Monday NIght football, so he is only leaving for an ideal job, and being as the Titans are a rebuilding project where the owner might handcuff him with the QB, I dont see anyway he comes here. I think we are looking at a coordinator from somewhere, and I think Greg Williams would be on the short list. His days in Buffalo didn't go well, but Buffalo isn't an easy place to win. With his connections here, and with his recent success, I think he would be a logical, likely, and IMO, good choice.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dg got it right talking about options. There might be 10 head coaching positions available so we can't just hire anybody we want.

The 49ers management will be under huge pressure to get Harbaugh. He is my first choice but he will likely stay in the bay area. He wouldn't even have to move.

I say no to gregg Williams. He has not been affiliated with this team in 10 years and his Bills teams from 2001-2003 were not successful and had no personality.

I'm thinking Brian Billick or John Fox among the name coaches if that is where they want to go.

Remember all these firings free up some quality candidates for OC and DC. Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis and Mike Singletary would be potential defensive coordinators for us.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why? He hasn't been with this organization in 10 years and tried to gauge us when we were interested in him as our DC.

His best record in 3 years with the Bills was 8-8 and there was no particular tone or philosophy to those teams.

A guy like Billick assuming he has some fire in his belly and wants the job is a far better choice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Gruden would be my first choice, but I believe he goes to San Fran, I also think if we let Fisher go, there is a good chance Dallas goes after him, and if that happens I would love to have Jason Garrett. I think we will hire a coach like him or Rob Ryan, some up and coming coordinator.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I actually agree with RT, BB seems very likely to me for some reason

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

With the uncertainties of the CBA, it makes it much less likely that a team will bring in a new HC and pay him a lot of money. Much more likely that they would keep JF one more year or promote someone already on the staff. Anything is possible but paying a new guy a ton of money when he may not even be able to meet with players or install his schemes until September, is less likely this year.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think it will count for something amongst candidates that Bud has shown himself to such a patient owner.

My only concern with Billick is the Offense he ran in Baltimore.

Would he be able to adapt to the modern game?

He did god things in as the Vikings OC though without ever having a great QB.That was a long time ago though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar