Who leaked the locker room situation to the media?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm thinking about how our season went down the drain and how it seemed like our season was over in a matter of 3 hours (reports come out, everyone goes crazy, it looks like Young will no longer be a Titans).

Who leaked the information to the media about Vince Young and Fisher's words in the locker room and who leaked out the informtation about Vince Young throwing his pads into the stands?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure that anyone "leaked" that stuff. The media were present. I mean it's kind of hard to hide the fact that Young threw his stuff into the crowd for everyone to see and then stormed out of the building.

In a related story, Wyatt posted this blog today. It's very interesting.

Lots of people claim Fisher throws Young under the bus all the time, but the guys in the media always swear that Fisher has done everything he can to support Young. I guess we can all come to our own conclusions about this.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Interesting read.

I find it interesting that it seems the players support Young and completely gave up on Fisher. I definetly agree that there's a lot more to the story than any of us know about.

I find it strange that Fisher would cover for Vince in that situation but not cover for Kenny Britt in the situation earlier in the season. You can't lie to the media about things that happened at meetings because the players are all at those meetings together. They know who's late and who's on time.

My opinion is that Fisher leaked the information. If he wouldn't have brought up the Vince Young situation none of us would be arguing over that situation. Only a few fans would've seen the throwing of the pads (still no cell phone pics or media of it) and nobody would've known about anything that happened in the locker room or at the facility.

Jeff Fisher leaked the story to the media by announcing what had happened on National Television.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

If I recall, it wasn't leaked.....when Vince stormed out of the locker room, Michael Griffin ran after him and tried talking him into coming back.....in front of the press.

6. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

you obviously dont live near nashville....
    the story was out and spreading like crazy way before fisher talked about it

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I do remember that part of the story being released by other media outlets. Do you know when the press conference took place in relation to that whole situation?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

What were people saying who were there? I just want to figure out as many facts as I can about the whole incident.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Press conference was after that issue........ The team was having their post game meeting, the press hadn't even been let into the locker room yet. I'm sure after that the press already had plenty of ammo ready for Fishers presser.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Fisher denied that he missed meetings... Why is Jim Wyatt going around saying otherwise? This just shows that Jim Wyatt makes up whatever he wants to report and tries to back up his stories with circumstantial, anecdotal evidence that supports his preconceived notions. Can we get a new beat writer too? This Jim Wyatt guy is a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar