Who to fire: VY or Fish

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 21, 2010.

?
  1. Vince Young

40 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Jeff Fisher

68 vote(s)
    63.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I really think I have to side with Vince on this one. I don't usually think in these terms, but Fisher is the league's longest tenured coach, and how many championships has he given us? None.

Yes, he brought this franchise to its only Super Bowl, and damn, he nearly won it there, too. But that was a decade ago. Wade Phillips' and Brad Childress' teams went from playoff powerhouses to disaster in one year, and they both lost their jobs.

Vince may be running out of lifelines with the way he handles himself, but damn, he's finally made the strides we've all been waiting for as a QB. He appears to be on the upswing, while Fisher seems stagnant.

I could be wrong, and firing Fisher could cause a disastrous collapse that we feel for years, but clearly we're not progressing as a team. We're just maintaining. Other than our magical 2008 season, I have never felt confident we could beat any team on any day. We need a change, and this might be the catalyst to make it happen.

Keep in mind, I really like Fisher. I think that he has been an excellent coach who has often made something out of nothing. He has been the only remaining link to my favourite Titans teams (days of McNair, George, Bulluck, etc...), and if he were to go to another team and win a championship, I would be ecstatic. But it doesn't look like it'll happen here.

As far as a replacement goes... I know Rob Ryan is a hot name in the media, and I would only be jumping on a bandwagon, but hey, that hype would be there for a reason, oui?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar