Who Wants Jersey Change?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NewHorizans, Jan 11, 2013.

?

What do you think of new Jerseys?

1. YES! Lets do something new like the Seahawks

42.5%
  2. NO! I like what we have now, don't change nothing

15.0%
  3. I say just go back to Dark Blue Jerseys like when we started in '99

42.5%
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I hate those numbers. They would look out of date within a couple years. That's the exact opposite of what I think the Titans should do.

I've recently thinking that the best approach for the Titans numbers is to go with a standard block font (which will never look dated), but add some kind of a subtle design element to it in order to make it unique. I think what Texas A&M did with their numbers would look excellent for the Titans -- and it would perfectly compliment the Titans' wordmark.

Like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might do up a new uniform concept with numbers like those.
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'd definitely like to see something incorporating a dark blue helmet with the alternate sword logo. I think that could look pretty sweet. Especially with a primary light blue jersey.

I hate our helmets.
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

haha I did have a disclaimer, I said I like those #s......... BUT it would never work and would be outdated fast.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I got a solid idea in my head. Using that helmet you just explained. Making the shoulder crap a little more exciting... although I like the flame helmet Toronto has going on. Not sure which I like more. Just gotta decide the pant stripes and actually have time to mock it up. Then i'm going to go on a tweeting frenzy to all the Titan players about the new jerseys.

I say all us GoTitans posters start sending mail to the Titans asking for new jerseys. If they receive like a 1000, I bet it gets attention! :clap:
  5. SawdustMan

I like the flame helmet idea. It definitely could look cool. But if we're talking "timeless", I just don't see the flame helmet being it. I think something a little more simple like the sword logo is a more classic look.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I sometimes think TorontoTitanFan wants us to become the Toronto Argonauts
    [​IMG]
  7. TorontoTitanFan

And you think that why?

I designed two uniform concepts for the Titans, neither of which looks like those uniforms. Unlike most people here, I don't think a navy helmet is a good idea. I don't think a modern uniform template with piping is a good idea. I don't think a modern number font is a good idea. I have said repeatedly that socks should be a different color than a team's pants. I've said that I think same color jersey and pants looks bad. I don't like those uniforms you posted.

The two teams have the same color palette. That's about it.
  8. TorontoTitanFan

Would you not agree that THIS is a timeless helmet? Because the flame helmet is the same idea.

If anything, I think NFL helmets that incorporate clever design elements that are more than just a logo sticker on the side are more timeless. I'm taking about the Rams's horns, the Vikings' horns and the Bengals stripes. Those are some of the best helmets ever.

I agree that the sword logo on a helmet would look good, but I also think it would be a pretty uninspired solution.
  9. SawdustMan

Yeah I see what you mean. But I guess I just think the wings makes a little more sense on the Eagles' helmet. And the stripes on the Bengals'. We aren't the Tennessee Fire.

I do realize flames are a part of our logo though. I'm just not a huge fan. Like I said, it looks cool enough. But IDK, for some reason I just think it will eventually be outdated and silly looking. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'd certainly take them over our current helmets. Just not my ideal choice.
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

[​IMG]

^^ Lets make those our full-time helmets.

But for real, you make a good point... I do love the Bengals jerseys (they're my favorite in the NFL, big fan of orange/black (actually like dark gray more) combo). But what does flames have to do with Titans? Nothing.
    • High Five High Five x 1