Who Will Be Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

The absolute bottom line is, no matter who us fans want as D-Coordinator, Williams, Horton, The Easter Bunny, there had better be a severe culture change toward what the Tennessee Titans use to be known for....TOP TEN DEFENSE.....

As much as I would like to see Gregg Williams be retained and positioned properly unlike last season, all of us fans better see the Titans of 2014 defensively close games when it truly matters and dominate games against winless and or terribly overmatched opponents like Jacksonville.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If you are looking for a guy with the most accomplishment in taking average players and making them good it is Wade Phillips hands down. That 2010 Texans defense was horrible and he transformed them into a good defense. Remember they lost Mario Williams after the third game with the knee and didn't miss a beat.

Mediocre edge rushers like Brooks Reed and Conner Barwin produced in his system.

The most accomplished guy bar none is Wade Phillips.That Bills defense in 1999 was incredible.

I would be fine with Greg Williams who is a good coach but not a miracle worker.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think the hybrid defense is the best way to go. The benefits of the 3-4 with big anchor linemen and a DE like SAM linebacker but also the benefits of the 4-3 with a fast cover will backer.

Guys like Thomas Davis and Lovante David are huge assets to their teams because they can cover like safeties and of course Davis was a safety at Georgia.
    We can hope that Zach brown can be that type of guy.

Does it honestly matter of Morgan puts his hand down or not? He stands up and you have a 3-4 basically who cares?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think the hybrid defense is the best way to go. The benefits of the 3-4 with big anchor linemen and a DE like SAM linebacker but also the benefits of the 4-3 with a fast cover will backer.

Guys like Thomas Davis and Lovante David are huge assets to their teams because they can cover like safeties and of course Davis was a safety at Georgia.
    We can hope that Zach brown can be that type of guy.

Does it honestly matter of Morgan puts his hand down or not? He stands up and you have a 3-4 basically who cares?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

great post

I H5'd it both times

:troll:

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Looks like we did not need to worry about that

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats quite the bump you just did, damn near 2 years old..

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Something just made me think of it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar