who would your franchise QB be???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 18, 2006.

?

who is your franchise QB

1. McNair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brees

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Culpepper

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Rivers

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Young

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  6. Leinart

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Cutler

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. other....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

If you were starting a franchise now who would you chose for your franchise QB.

Basically this is what Reese has to decide. We are going to take a major cap hit from Mac's old SB money anyway so you could use his 9mil base salary from cutting him to sign one of these other guys to a long term deal. I think most of these guys will cost you around 8mil a yr over the life of their contracts because the top QBs in recent drafts signed deals that payed that much, but the team gets a cap savings in their rookie yr because of the rookie salary pool.

It is a hard choice, but to me Mcnair is towards the bottom of the list given age and injury history.

I would leave the choice up to Chow and have him decide between Leinart and Rivers.

I'll vote for Rivers
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I voted Young, but its a push between him and Rivers for me.
  3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I would like to see what Cutler could do with a good team..oh wait,that isn't the Titans :brow:
  4. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

I think all of those QBs could be successful in the NFL. What would matter is what offensive system they were in
  5. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

I think Voung would be a good franchise QB
  6. Nash

Nash Starter

I'm taking Rivers even starting from scratch.. he's from here, he knows the offense, and he's the kind of team leader I would respect..
  7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Sorry, I voted thinking of a young McNair...like, if we were starting all over again. I think perhaps I might go with Leinart (if there's no McNair to bring Young along in the first place...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.