Why did the Titans draft Fowler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Problem I have with Sankey is he has nothing to point towards.. I mean, he isnt a smash mouth player, he isnt a finesse player. He doesn't have speed, cuts, strength, etc. Good enough for the college level, but nothing to help him on the pro level.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fowler is a big back. He's a better power runner than Cobb and he's a lock on the roster already.

I'm completely OK to trade Sankey if we can get something. I'm not fanatic about him, but I do think he is clearly the best option we have for #3, particularly if his ST's play is better and mind is "tougher".

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's be honest- Andrews is not any better, just more "tough minded". And DMC is a single purpose returner. We don't need his fragile speed in the backfield.

That leaves Fluellen and Cobb. And I've seen more from Sankey than either one of them.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think Sankey is gonna fall into that "best of the rest" category and make the roster. I don't think he offers a whole lot, but neither do the rest so maybe the best move would be to just keep the cheapest.

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Watch Carolina Panthers vs. Tennessee Titans [08/20/2016] - NFL.com

Fowler was apart of 5 of these runs. He takes care of his guy every time. Really hope we use the I-form a lot this season cause Fowler is looking really solid as a blocker.

Haven't seen any of his so called receiving talents though. I thought he'd be able to move more like an H-back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They even had Byard returning kicks, which in GM speak is, find someone else that can do it so we can cut one of these other guys.

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Just watched Henry's carries and Fowler was beasting, noticed Kelley looking solid on a few plays too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Fowler is nasty.....love it

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Sankey has good hands, very natural pass catcher. IMO, he provides more value and upside than McCluster, Andrews or Cobb. I'd like to see him as RB #3.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Wow Fowler opened all of those holes with sheer power. The one play Fowler wasn't in, Henry got tackled for no gain. I've said it a thousand times on this board, the Fowler pick was a great pick and the dudes a beast.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar