Why is there no talk of Tyrod Taylor??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't get it. This guy is no worse a throwing QB than Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert, but has Vick-like moves and is much faster than any other QB available.

Is it a size issue? 6'1... maybe shorter? Tyrod Taylor wowed me more than any other QB this season including Luck. I'm not saying he's going to be Vick- but for anyone that was wanting Vick via FA from Philly a few months ago... why wouldn't he be your guy?

One thing is for sure... when guys like Colin Kaepernick are getting more consideration- Tyrod Taylor is most certainly the most underrated QB prospect available.

Taylor is a better passer than Vick was at this stage of their careers, but slightly less explosive. So all I can figure is- scouts see that he's not "prototypical size" and that's the end-all.

I'm also not suggesting that WE draft him, either. Just wondering, league-wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJDH2S_g-Lk

I almost pooped myself when I watched that one live.

24 TDs and only 5 ints last season. In comparison - Blaine Gabbert threw for 16 TDs and had 9 ints. (which is god-awful, mind you)

2. Deuce Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAoYbtsQXEU&feature=related

Watch that and tell me what he doesn't do better than sCam Newton.

Notice how there is pressure in the backfield on almost every play, also. Crazy.

The ability to keep plays alive, keeps his eyes downfield, and LEADS his WRs almost every time giving them chance to make plays after the catch.

And I just learned he's taller than Vick. Hmm...

3. 24

24 Starter

His arm isn't that strong, he's short, and he never completed more than 59% of his passes.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Plus I think you have him mixed up with the other Vick brother Marcus. The only person that moves like Michael Vick is Michael Vick.

5. Deuce Wayne

1. He's taller than Mike Vick and Drew Brees.

2. 59.7 % is decent.

3. How can guys like Colin Kaepernick enter the discussion when he's only passed over 60% 1 season and against a bunch of nobodies?

Gabbert only completed 63% and he rarely throws beyond 5 yards.

Vick only completed 54% of his passes.

4. His arm is strong. No doubt about that. He fires bullets constantly.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because he sucks? He had one decent year in the second worst conference in the country.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Id have no problem with this pick

1) He plays in a more pro style offense than the traditional spread

2) look at those highlights, quite often he is moving laterally (on purpose) looking down field to make a play with this arm

3) the majority of the time (not all) when he runs, he is headed for the first down marker on the sidelines, not putting her shoulder down like Tebow and attempting to run over people.

Id have no problem drafting all defense and Oline and then taking Tyrod... I just dont see much difference in his production and completion percentages VS Locker (who a lot of ppl want), Cam, or Kaepernick... none of the QBs in this draft really impress me

8. 24

24 Starter

His arm is above average at best. He throws nice spirals, it may look like bullets. His footwork is incredibly poor, he never sets up before he throws. Kaepernick is in the discussion because he has the strongest arm in the draft. He was registering 59 mph at the combine, Mallett was at 58 mph. Trust me, I really liked this kid. Then I started to actually watch his games, and the way he throws the ball really makes his height a liability. His base is way too wide, it causes him to lose a couple inches at the release point.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What round is he projected to go?

Maybe he'd be worth a look later in the draft.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Newton's stats are superior overall. Newton had 2X the rushing yardage and better overall passing stats.

If Taylor were 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier he would get more attention.

Comparing him to Newton or Gabbert is silly he is more comparable to players like Mcelroy and Stanzi.

Probably worth a 4th or 5th pick.

He is athletic but he is no Vick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar